TheWay

Transcript of the TarkovTV DevBlog #003

TheWay

Dear Escapers!

Below we present you the transcript of the TarkovTV DevBlog #003, enjoy!

---

0.11.7.x (Hotfix)

• Last big hotfix before 0.12.x
  • Hotfix will bring some good fixes for freezes and stuttering
  • Leg meta was investigated (big help came with Veritas’s video)
    • As Devs found out one type of Scavs was programmed to aim for legs, now they aim to the center of mass.

0.12.x

• Will NOT come in June (will come sooner than you guess, but later than you think)
  • Unity 2018 (change to new unity made some problems but is better than Devs thought first)
  • New location (Military Base)
  • Hideout
  • New system of animations and new animations.
  • VOIP
  • Next quests additions, and changes.
  • Customizable clothing. Face, hair and facial hair will be changeable later (not in 0.12.)
  • Steam Audio is scheduled for 0.12. But it is not 100% sure.
  • SCAR is scheduled for this update or right after it, many new weapons will come with this update

New Location: Military Base

3.jpg

• Map is between Customs and Shoreline
  • There will be unique loot on the map
  • A lot of PMC stuff will be found because BEAR and USEC have been fighting there.
  • This map will have chance to spawn groups of Raiders together with regular Scavs, Raiders will be hunting PMCs
  • Stationary Grenade Launchers AGS-30
  • Stationary mortars
  • Stationary RPG - SPG-9
  • Stationary Machine gun - 50.cal DShK
  • Stationary weapons will have random amount of ammo, but you can find it on this map and also bring from raid to stash and to raid for usage with heavy weaponry.
  • Unique exits: Flare Gun to activate extract etc. On this map will be no "free" exits

New weapons

MC255(2).jpg

Weapon presets were presented during the stream, they will come with this update, it will help you to create your favourite builds and assemble them quickly.

https://www.twitch.tv/battlestategames/clip/SuperBelovedJayM4xHeh?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time

More details:

• Nikita takes notes and feedback from streams, reddit and other sources.
  • BSG also confirms that it is possible to overload servers to freeze and they constantly work to improve game or eliminate errors
  • The most common causes of freezing:
  • SCAV spawning (even SCAV players)
  • Loading map items
  • BSG fights hard against cheaters, they ban cheaters every day.
  • A system for reporting suspicious players as well as a bad server will come with a hotfix or 0.12.
  • This will not be the reason to BAN players, but it may draw attention to that player and lead to an investigation of his behavior that will help BSG identify new ways of cheating faster. It will also be possible to report glitchers and exploiters.
  • Very gross game frauds are punished by hardware BAN and IP bans.
  • Cheaters are usually punished immediately or in the case of specific cheats in waves.
  • Multiple bots on the flea market were also banned lately.
  • The current game quests are just side quests, so that players have something to do.
  • The order and sequence of quests can be changed so that players are not locked in progress by an unpleasant quest.
  • Nikita adjusted the chance of spawn Antique book during the podcast, it has a spawn chance in the heavy difficulty scavs inventory.
  • The "found in raid" status was introduced because Nikita didn't want for players to be able to complete the tasks with just one purchase on the flea market.
  • BSG is thinking about the mechanics of leveling skills outside of the raid.
  • Story quests will be added to the game later and will try to bring a single-player  experience in a multi-player environment (which is a challenge) when the character will look more complex in depth and will have real reason to build Hideout and finally leave Tarkov.
  • Story driven quests are scheduled after 0.12
  • More information on Hideout and 0.12 will come in June on a Russian podcast with simultaneous English translation. Also there was an idea for special stream during 0.12 patchday.
  • Vaulting and Climbing is still planned, but not in 0.12.x.
  • Complex clan system with some specific rewards is planned.
  • RIOT Shield was already modeled, but Devs haven't found any use for it yet and how to implement it in character, Nikita came up with an idea that he can equip Boss with him.
  • Extended healing system is planned.
  • The extended room access methods (flash and clear, bang and clear) will be implemented after 0.12.
  • DLC - SCAV Life confirmed when scav character will be leveled as PMC and it will have overall impact and his features will be deepened
  • The next Raid Episode will be Soon™
  • In the future, Raiders will come to any location to hunt players who have bad karma.
  • MP-43 Double Barrel Shotgun After 0.12 - also sewed off variants
  • PKP LMG is planned
  • Sniper SCAV Boss confirmed, will prioritize body parts to disadvantage his opponent before direct killing with one shot.
  • There will be different types of compass, BSG is thinking about idea that each player might have a compass on his hand like a watch, but then there is a problem with having already modeled many beautiful watches to customize the character.
  • Maybe they'll eventually have a small compass on their hands
  • Large compass will be key-activated

Even more Details:

• Why was changes Chest to Thorax - Is more accurate description
  • Mosin will be nerfed in future in way that good powerful ammo for it will be rare and expensive, in Russia you can find Mosin everywhere, but is problem for it have really good military grade ammunition.
  • Podcasts like ARRS NODE 14-4 KORD - Nikita know people liked it and will do something similar in future.
  • Scav horde on Interchange - its a bug and they can keep it or fix it, is on community what they want, but they planned in future something similar implemented as triggered event on maps.
  • Translations (Spanish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Slovak) will come Soon, but they need change some text and create additional translations.
  • Error 230: We are changed some security options and we work to make login in game for players easier and this issue is being addressed.
  • Broken legs for scavs and blood loss, scav algorithm was lightened and some functions was bypassed so scav can shoot accurate from sniper rifle without sights. In future this part will be reviewed/reworked and will be added back.
  • Yes in BSG they work sometimes over weekends and late in night to bring quality for players, but is rare, and mostly only short period before patch.
  • Magazine reloading animations, is time consuming because they have lots of types of magazines, but they will implement some process to reload magazines without inventory screen.
  • New smoke grenades, in different smoke colors, riot grenades etc are planned, but after 0.12.
  • Combining meds together instead of buying new one - planned, there is a chance that this feature will be introduced in 0.12 patch

Special: Unity 2018.3.8f1

• Unity 2018 Engine will be a big step forward.
  • Unity 2018 will make the game more beautiful and much smoother
  • More than half a of BSG already works with Unity 2018

---

All materials presented during podcast can be found in the topic shared below:

Special thanks to @Hummz21 for gathering all the information!

TRANSLATIONS:

• German translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our German Emissary and Moderator @Hummz21
  • Portuguese translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Portuguese Emissary and Moderator @Dimittri
  • Hungarian translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Hungarian Emissary @Settenke
  • Czech translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Czech Emissary @Snork_Svk
  • French translation of the news can be found here. Thanks to our Official Community Representative @PIG-Mathieu
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

Kr3posT

Thanks for amazing work! Sadly I was unable to watch the podcast, so this transcript is perfect

Gabba54610

This patch.. I am waiting for it like my first Christmas! 

Jay
49 minutes ago, TheWay said:

Magazine reloading animations, is time consuming because they have lots of types of magazines, but they will implement some process to reload magazines without inventory screen.

Why problem make when you no problem have you don't want to make?

Just make the complete inventory screen always transparent... problem solved.

50 minutes ago, TheWay said:

In the future, Raiders will come to any location to hunt players who have bad karma. 

Don´t forget to finally scrap the karma system. Karma is not realitic in any way or form.

Edited by Jay
added stuff
  • Like 1

ShiroTenshi
29 minutes ago, Jay said:

Don´t forget to finally scrap the karma system. Karma is not realitic in any way or form.

Not going to happen. You don't even know how the system will work so saying it's not realistic isn't very realistic in itself. ;)

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

TeasR
1 hour ago, TheWay said:

0.12.x

• Will NOT come in June (will come sooner than you guess, but later than you think)

What kind of poo is that xd

48 minutes ago, Jay said:

oh so bears killing other bears however the're working  together is realistic ? you mean that a policeman that will kill other policeman is realistic ? you mean that an army soldier would automatically kill  his band of brothers ? that is realistic ?
In wich world are you living, my friend ?
In the real world, in a city under war, civil war, meet someone working for the same people than you is like win the lotery, you're so lucky to find him so you'll protect each other to survive, you've the same instructions from your employers, etc.
Also the guy killing other company members perfectly know investigates could be done and he would be caugh and punished, hard punished, because as army leader, i wouldn't tolerate my soliders killing each others when they're supposed to be in the same side and work together.
Stop your bullshit man xd find at least real arguments than "realistic" wich is just not helping your side.

Edited by TeasR
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

tobiassolem

Whoever wrote this transcript deserves a medal. Excellent writeup.

Looking forward to playing 0.12 this autumn.

• Like 2

-Hardass-
2 hours ago, TheWay said:
    • As Devs found out one type of Scavs was programmed to aim for legs, now they aim to the center of mass.

0.12.x

•  

So this was me running into this scav every raid then 

Jerycho

Don't you think making players with bad karma chased by raiders will make some players lowering their karma to kill the raider with the purpose to get better loot ?

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Rawarg

Nice info! Thanks for sharing. I've also watched full podcast there were unanswered questions such as;

Will there be any female players in the future?
We know that pvp arena (1v1, 2v2, 5v5) is planned but I think we need more details. Such as how the loadouts will be, or why this mode takes too much time to implement?
Also we know that freeroam is also planned, but no further details have been given, actually we all know the answer is SOON ™ :D

RichKalinko790
57 minutes ago, TeasR said:

you should try in your dedicated forum, because this actually means nothing, so say it in your language on the appropriate place to be understood my dude

bruh this dude seriously went and swung like this just to look like an idiot

The phrase "why problem make" etc is a reference to a video of a russian guy saying it in a parody video, and streamers like Anton have that phrase as their subscribe notification on stream.

Next time think before you try and act smug and smart on a forum moron 😂

• Like 1

NickDaTrojan
1 hour ago, TeasR said:

you should try in your dedicated forum, because this actually means nothing, so say it in your language on the appropriate place to be understood my dude

It’s a meme you idiot. 

Cman1337
vor 2 Stunden schrieb Jerry1996:

So will 0.12 have wipe?

Yes, as said 100 times before.

Gabba54610
6 hours ago, Jerycho said:

Don't you think making players with bad karma chased by raiders will make some players lowering their karma to kill the raider with the purpose to get better loot ?

This!!! 

buckmg1

Please don't waste time on animating "reloading magazines" that will take way too long and that time is better invested into other features.

• Sad 2

Arzzet
6 hours ago, Rawarg said:

Nice info! Thanks for sharing. I've also watched full podcast there were unanswered questions such as;

Will there be any female players in the future?
We know that pvp arena (1v1, 2v2, 5v5) is planned but I think we need more details. Such as how the loadouts will be, or why this mode takes too much time to implement?
Also we know that freeroam is also planned, but no further details have been given, actually we all know the answer is SOON ™ :D

If I remember well it was stated several times that female characters are not planned.

Arena: is not about it takes time to implement, was stated that arena will be a feature/mode available on release. I guess they have other priorities and isn't a mode needed to "test" at this moment, as we are still testing core game mechanics to work, quest system, weapons, skills, healing... all this will be tweaked to balance game and progress and still are features to come as hideout to test before that modes.

6 hours ago, Jerycho said:

Nik said this is an example of what they will do when spawning them randomly in "not raider" maps with a low chance but still uncertain and I guess they will have other AI presets. In any case, with this information, we can guess that they will go after the bad karma player, but actually any player in map can encounter them so at the end this will be irrelevant and/or not worth to lower you karma on purpose to "get better loot".

In any case i found this podcast very interesting and many actual topics were covered quite deeply and many info given, also good and clear questios were answered, even it there were not that much "leaks".

Nice Podcast really, I recommend to watch it if anyone have time. You can find it in Battlestate Games twitch channel on full.

Cheers

RLC_945

Translated it to Chinese on my facebook page, hope u guys dont mind

and please keep on the hard work, luv this game and u guys are "the best", not one of, the best game develop team ever

btw, i hope we can have destructible walls or something in the future so AGS-30/SPG-9/50 cal can really do some "damage"

good luck have fun dont die, and do please keep ur hard work:D

AODqw97

This is a mouth watering update. Lots of things now coming to fruition that have been talked about from 2 years back. Cant wait to see these things start to be implemented. Good work BSG.

☆ Especially loving the hardware and IP bans !

Jay
12 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

You don't even know how the system will work so saying it's not realistic isn't very realistic in itself.

I didn't say the system is not realistic. I did say karma is not realistic and thats a fact.

Eqlibrium

Steam Audio is scheduled for 0.12. But it is not 100% sure

Hope its implemented in 0.12, sound has been a pain for years now. Implementing a system that enables player to hear where sound is coming from should have a high priority. And this is a game where sound plays a big part in life and death.

Hope stuttering issue gets better in hotfix. Its been a while since it was this bad, for me at least. If im really unlucky i experience micro stutter when i meet a ai, i cant do anything for 0.1-0.5sec and when stutter is over im already dead. 

Edited by Eqlibrium

j51nsOG
vor 15 Stunden schrieb TheWay:

A system for reporting suspicious players as well as a bad server will come with a hotfix or 0.12.

Makes absolutely no sense, if you dont have a deathcam. Just save those recources... every kid who will get onetapped from distance will call a hacker.. 

• Like 2

raingod45
2 hours ago, Eqlibrium said:

Hope its implemented in 0.12, sound has been a pain for years now. Implementing a system that enables player to hear where sound is coming from should have a high priority. And this is a game where sound plays a big part in life and death.

Hope stuttering issue gets better in hotfix. Its been a while since it was this bad, for me at least. If im really unlucky i experience micro stutter when i meet a ai, i cant do anything for 0.1-0.5sec and when stutter is over im already dead. 

totally agree...also since last patch think the sound has been worse, unless that is just me.  

TeasR
On 5/15/2019 at 9:30 PM, RichKalinko790 said:

bruh this dude seriously went and swung like this just to look like an idiot

The phrase "why problem make" etc is a reference to a video of a russian guy saying it in a parody video, and streamers like Anton have that phrase as their subscribe notification on stream.

Next time think before you try and act smug and smart on a forum moron 😂

Where did i disrespected him ? nowhere. I said it polietely that he probably should go on the forum where his language would be understood because he seemed not to be english, and however this sentence is famous, the sentence means nothing for those who don't know it, so saying it in public migh bring people like me, don't say that in the first place then lol !
 I didn't know about this video, my bad. But insulting me of a moron, that is just you looking like an idiot my dude. 

Edited by TeasR
  • Like 1