IzSumTingWong

Make labs free again.

IzSumTingWong

Hey.

I liked the idea of charging to get into labs for cash & all. Can you please do that, upon finished said game. Not in the bloody beta?

Aren't we here to test things? Not waste time or diddle daddle around the question. We paid, for a semi finished product to test it's durability, handling & features. So instead of restricting all those hard working people who own your game. Who probably don't have so much time to play it, just let them enjoy & TEST this product/game you guys are presenting. 

Your testing would probably go 10x better, with no loyalty needed for traders, just level caps. More loot, like more of the stuff you want to test, For eg... Grenades with no sound,. no muzzle flash, suppressor making no sound.

I'm 110% for you guys & for a small dev team. You guys rock! Will continue to do so & bend the rules on FPS gaming..

But can you bloody let the players test the god damn game? We are NOT here to do stupid quests which result in us NOT keeping the gear. 

Piece of advice.... Weekly events, daily challenges & ways to interact with other players. So we don't have to kill hatchlings... I enjoy seeing a friendly scav player & we take down players & share loot... That experience ROCKS!!! :)

• Sad 1

Znajka29

it's the first patch with paid labs entrance , isn't that testing??? testing the economy of the game? because last patch the economy was ruined by labs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

KaelTheInvoker

I think it's probably bad idea. Better is make labs accessed without card in offline mod.

IzSumTingWong
On 5/17/2019 at 8:39 PM, Znajka29 said:

it's the first patch with paid labs entrance , isn't that testing??? testing the economy of the game? because last patch the economy was ruined by labs.

I agree. But if labs in paid, insured stuff should be return, or some of it should be. You got to win somehow, after all. Casual gamers won't play an expensive map to them

• Sad 1

TarkovCitizen869897

No, we are not supposed to win somehow, after all. This game is not made for the casual no challange gamers. This game is for people who like a challange, an hardcore game.

• Like 1

Soob

I don't think making it free is a good idea. 

IMO, make the key only found on scav bodies, increase the spawn rate, purchaseable from Dealer and most importantly, take note here BSG: make the key UNTRADEABLE 

• Upvote 2

IzSumTingWong
18 hours ago, theretardedone said:

No, we are not supposed to win somehow, after all. This game is not made for the casual no challange gamers. This game is for people who like a challange, an hardcore game.

Hold up, hold up....

"This game is not made for the casual, no challenge gamers."

"This game....." Enough said.

:)

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Arzzet

This is also testing my freind

ShiroTenshi

On 5/17/2019 at 11:34 AM, IzSumTingWong said:

Hey.

I liked the idea of charging to get into labs for cash & all. Can you please do that, upon finished said game. Not in the bloody beta?

Aren't we here to test things?

Yes, we are. Including testing the how locking labs affects the overall economy, player progression and testing the paid entry system.

For any relevant data to be gathered by these tests, testing conditions need to be as close to the final product as possible. 

On 5/18/2019 at 12:20 PM, IzSumTingWong said:

I agree. But if labs in paid, insured stuff should be return, or some of it should be. You got to win somehow, after all. Casual gamers won't play an expensive map to them

EFT is not exactly a casual game. It's a niche game with a niche market. These are the DEVs words, not mine.

I understand that as a tester you might have been hoping for a 'everything open, no hassle in access' kind of environment, but that is not the case. It used to be like that, early on, but we have moved past that stage. Things will keep progressing and as new features are added, the state of the testing draws closer to being done. 

tobiassolem
On 5/17/2019 at 12:34 PM, IzSumTingWong said:

Aren't we here to test things?

We *did* test the free labs, and it resulted in fully geared dudes on every map hours after the wipe due to the fact it was so easy to farm labs. A part of testing things is changing the parameters after you've tested things to see how the changes affect the outcome. This wipe it took a week before there were fully geared dudes everywhere.

The goal of the development is of course to balance everything so it works properly upon release. And to do that the devs has to adapt and change things. This is how it's supposed to go.

Personally I think it's *still* way too easy to get "end game gear" and very much look forward to when the game, as advertised becomes more hardcore. Persistent health and dynamic loot and economy are the three major changes I look forward to.

harrisdyan2
Posted (edited)

Hey,

I'm a casual tarkov player that enjoys the hardcore aspects of the game. It is unfortunate that labs was made pay to enter since it is one of the games better maps to play. I understand it that it off-sets the games economy and has more fully or near fully geared players running around, but all in all I think that is a good thing. It's rather annoying when people who spend enormous amounts of time on this game have such a huge advantage over everyone else. If anything I think labs was an excellent equalizer which would allow the more casual player to challenge the players who have more time to invest in the game.

I understand the game is a unique hardcore "niche" game. But this is kind of ridiculous when you put months worth of time grinding for gear, money, etc.. so that you can do what you want to do in a game only to have your progress removed from the wipe (which I understand why you wipe in a beta but it helps emphasis that the game is even more hardcore when wipes are implemented and casual players dont get to test the game out fully). Now I never get to play labs. The one time I did do it the guy who killed me and my squad mate ran around spamming emotes and insta-killed us when we were running decent armour and the guy in my mind was probably cheating. So my experience from that is dont waste my hard earned cash on labs since I don't stand a chance vs people who have invested more time into the game. I think it's annoying how I once enjoyed the game so much risking it all in labs trying to get great gear where now only the kings of the game run around labs boosting their own economy.

I think making it pay to enter to put it simply gets the rich richer and leaves the poor (more casual) player in the dust.

#MakeLabsFreeAgain

-NukeBoy

Edited by harrisdyan2

NetRollTUZ

NO! PLEASE NO! Better make it's 1 BitCoin price!

Spectator6

I can relate to what @harrisdyan2 is saying. I have a couple friends that don't regularly play games, but when they did, we had an absolutely blast running through "free" Labs together.

I think, more than anything else, what attracted them to was it is the more straightforward gameplay loop. They felt like they didn't have to worry about tasks or quests or getting spawn-camped... They could just equip a few bits of gear, group up, and "hit play" on a more Player vs AI oriented setting that felt more cooperative and not so stressful.

That said, I'll be the first to acknowledge that it did skew the loot quite a bit. When three of us could go in with TT pistols, take out a raider or two, and then be geared to teeth to clear out the map further, it was definitely a zero-to-hero situation. 

But they loved the challenge and would regularly comment that it was some of the most fun they've ever had in Tarkov, which in turn, got them playing the game more often. Labs is a relatively straightforward map, offers a quick in and out, and at least in my experience is not as intimidating as Factory. And after a long day of work/family/etc sometimes those types of quick spurts are just what the doctor ordered.

Is it bad to attract "casuals"? I'm not sure, I can see it both ways... Because yeah, while they'd score some good loot on Labs, they'd get completely decimated on any other PvP oriented map, which was always frustrating to them. I suspect that if there was another mode or map that offered a similar PvE situation to Labs, the "thrill" has more to do with the teamwork interactions rather than the juicy loot. I imagine they'd have just as much fun mowing down "normal" scavs if it allowed for a similar co-op feel; I don't think the Labs appeal was necessarily the loot because they never really used it anyway.

CooH1e2
On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Spectator6 said:

I can relate to what @harrisdyan2 is saying. I have a couple friends that don't regularly play games, but when they did, we had an absolutely blast running through "free" Labs together.

I think, more than anything else, what attracted them to was it is the more straightforward gameplay loop. They felt like they didn't have to worry about tasks or quests or getting spawn-camped... They could just equip a few bits of gear, group up, and "hit play" on a more Player vs AI oriented setting that felt more cooperative and not so stressful.

That said, I'll be the first to acknowledge that it did skew the loot quite a bit. When three of us could go in with TT pistols, take out a raider or two, and then be geared to teeth to clear out the map further, it was definitely a zero-to-hero situation. 

But they loved the challenge and would regularly comment that it was some of the most fun they've ever had in Tarkov, which in turn, got them playing the game more often. Labs is a relatively straightforward map, offers a quick in and out, and at least in my experience is not as intimidating as Factory. And after a long day of work/family/etc sometimes those types of quick spurts are just what the doctor ordered.

Is it bad to attract "casuals"? I'm not sure, I can see it both ways... Because yeah, while they'd score some good loot on Labs, they'd get completely decimated on any other PvP oriented map, which was always frustrating to them. I suspect that if there was another mode or map that offered a similar PvE situation to Labs, the "thrill" has more to do with the teamwork interactions rather than the juicy loot. I imagine they'd have just as much fun mowing down "normal" scavs if it allowed for a similar co-op feel; I don't think the Labs appeal was necessarily the loot because they never really used it anyway.

I had exactly the same experience with one friend. He's the kind of "let's fight, looting is boring" player. In fact we did those pistol runs to equip... and then using this equipment to fight next round. Was it fun?... yes! Was it Tarkov? not really.

I think they don't really like what the core game is offering (at least my friend) but they like the gunfight, the teamwork, ...I sounds better to fulfil these casual gamers needs with other modes (arena, or co op) if you look to offer these people the fun they're looking for.

In the case of my friend Arena will fit. The point is having one clear target (raiders or opposite team) and working together to get them.

Defintely using the key to enter lab is a good thing for the game immersion and I personally like it.

Spectator6
5 hours ago, CooH1e2 said:

I think they don't really like what the core game is offering (at least my friend) but they like the gunfight, the teamwork

I never considered that before, but you may be right! From their standpoint, if they don't play that often, they don't really care about character progress, about the marketplace, about tasks. 

So when you put it that way, should EFT try to cater the core gameplay to people who doing really want or make time for the core gameplay? Absolutely not!

Let Arena mode (and others?) scratch that itch.

• Upvote 1

xxmrstatxx

I also think that labs should be free to gain access. Instead though make it accessible at the end of another raid ya know. That way you have to survive through a shoreline or customs already first than enter the lab and play it. That instead of this card you buy system. My two cents