UnidentifedGhost

Idea of a 'Bounty' System

UnidentifedGhost

Hello all, after chatting a bit in twitch chat and watching Veritas video I thought it would be good to put my two cents on a system I think we should consider. So the bounty system would try to encourage (and reward) players to bring in high level gear to pvp with. The Bounty system would reward players (based off their gear) for killing other players. I do not know what the ratio should be, but if you kill 2-3 people you should revive money equivalent, or more than your gear is worth. This bounty should be more if you survive the raid than if you did not. The bounty that players get for killing other players would be calculated much like the insurance system in the game. Additionally you could take this system a step further and make it so that when killing other players you not only get a bounty worth of your gear but also the other players (I.E if you have a 750k kit and you kill a guy with 500k kit you should receive 250k bounty of that player in addition to your own bounty). This system probably needs to be refined since players could probably inflate their kits value (like having a mag case in gamma, and leaving all of the mags in their bag/rig when they start the raid so they get the maximum bounty). If you disagree with my idea for this system feel free to criticize it after all this is just a nuanced idea. 

Pros

-Encourages pvp

-Encourages bringing expensive kits

-Allows players to get money for bringing in expensive kits

-Works similar to the insurance system (so not a lot of developing) 

Cons

-Could be abused

-(ETC)

kiethygeorge

I like the idea but the numbers seem way off for me, maybe a good 4-5 kill raid you could get a nice 500k bonus at the most.

OneWingedAngxl

Yea, the numbers seem a bit off too me. Maybe max 250k? 500k seems a bit much for only 4-5 kills.

UnidentifedGhost

Numbers are for developers to decide really, just putting hypothetical situations btw. 

ShiroTenshi

I'm a bit curious. How would you justify such a system as far as the ingame lore is concerned? Why are PMCs getting bounties for killing each other? Who is paying them? 

Also, what is your reasoning for shifting the focus to fighting other players instead of escaping Tarkov?

And final question, how does this system benefit EFT as a whole and not just the players seeking PVP?

Please remember that raids are the main storyline portion of the game. We don't have the main story questline right now but that is what the raid will be focused on. Telling the story of Tarkov and your PMCs struggle to find a way out. How they do it is up to each player.

The way the game is played right now, specially by streamers and content creators (not all, but most), is not indicative of the intended final product, nor does it represent it. This is why, when taking in info from such a source you should be mindful of what the DEVs intent is for the game.

sYs
3 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

I'm a bit curious. How would you justify such a system as far as the ingame lore is concerned? Why are PMCs getting bounties for killing each other? Who is paying them? 

Also, what is your reasoning for shifting the focus to fighting other players instead of escaping Tarkov?

And final question, how does this system benefit EFT as a whole and not just the players seeking PVP?

Please remember that raids are the main storyline portion of the game. We don't have the main story questline right now but that is what the raid will be focused on. Telling the story of Tarkov and your PMCs struggle to find a way out. How they do it is up to each player.

The way the game is played right now, specially by streamers and content creators (not all, but most), is not indicative of the intended final product, nor does it represent it. This is why, when taking in info from such a source you should be mindful of what the DEVs intent is for the game.

I would assume lore wise..

1. Player PMC could betray a trader and he could put a hit on the player via scavs, or other pmcs. ( for example missions that you have to choose to which trader to give it in ) 
  2. It just ads to the game - it doesn't make it more pvp. Would open up opportunity to make a new mission type that would match players against those with bounties on their head. 
  3. Overall bounties would be a great addition - maybe not to the standard maps but for open maps definitely. 
  4. I MISS U BRO
Edited by sYs

Marcelo_1979
37 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Since BSG is thinking about implementing daily/weekly quests, this bounty hunt system could be one of those random quests! Lorewise let´s say that Skier is furious because of the fact that some damn USECs are ruining his business with the locals (Scavs) on the Customs area of Tarkov, so he slides you (a BEAR) some cash as a reward for eliminating 5 USECS within the next 24 hours? It could work the other way around – if you are a USEC, he pays you for killing 5 BEARs during the same time frame.

Edited by Marcelo_1979
Grammar