These streamers... sigh

PuddleMurda

PuddleMurda

The YouTube algorithm decided to throw a Veritas upload in face just now, and 2.35 minutes in I just had to pause the video out of pure boredom and frustration, and started to write a comment. 

I decided to not post the comment, as I did not want to get bombarded with mind-numbing mouth diarrhea by his fan boys. I'll post my intended answer to him here instead. 

"2 minutes in, and all I can think is; Try to actually enjoy the game. I have played more since this wipe than any other, and I feel like I have wasted way too much time in front of the computer (EFT) as of late, and I am level 30. I feel I'd be weeks, if not months, away from level 40 if I had not decided to take a much needed break from video games for a while.

You are a streamer, dude. You spend, for a person who's got a regular day job or other things to attend to, an unfathomable amount of time playing this game. Your opinion should be considered an anomaly, or that of a person who's got a serious video game addiction.

Even if you are that skilled that you can reach level 40 within days, you are still an anomaly.

Your opinions represent what? 0.2% of the player base, and your unquestionably loyal fan base, which of many probably does not even play the game themselves, and just nods agreeably to anything you say because (insert derogatory name for a non-thinking individual)."

Here's the video; 

Sigh... these streamers. Why, oh why.... 

• Like 11
  • Upvote 7
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiethygeorge

• Did117

• PuddleMurda

• Valaska

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The YouTube algorithm decided to throw a Veritas upload in face just now, and 2.35 minutes in I just had to pause the video out of pure boredom and frustration, and started to write a comment.  I

I actually responded with similar notions... I'll actually throw what I said here; So I'll go a bit more in-depth since this place matters most. Also if you [notice] brackets, I've edited somet

Not sure if I wanted to discuss anything. But since you are putting me on the spot...  I wanted to discuss the influence of these streamers, and how their opinions actually do weigh a hell of a l

Posted Images

DanExert
11 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

Don't get so caught up on one person's opinion my friend.

What is it you're actually annoyed about?

tobiassolem
11 minutes ago, DanExert said:

"It's not as if streamers have influence over the development of the game. Amirite? :kappa:"

Edited by tobiassolem
  • Like 3
  • Hot 1
PuddleMurda
4 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, not sure what you wanting to discuss here?

Not sure if I wanted to discuss anything. But since you are putting me on the spot... 

I wanted to discuss the influence of these streamers, and how their opinions actually do weigh a hell of a lot more in the eyes of the developers than a regular ol' gamer's input, and how their perspective is not representative of the player base, as only a microscopic fraction of gamers invest an equal amount of time playing EFT. 

These streamers play so much that the actual game is not an enjoyable experience to them anymore. Only progression. Nothing else.

Then they sit in on developer podcasts and whatnot, as representatives of the community, when in fact they represent as much of the common EFT-player as a modern politician represent the people... in other words; jack sh!t

11 minutes ago, DanExert said:

I know... but I am a hotheaded lunatic, and I can't control myself sometimes... most of the time.

12 minutes ago, DanExert said:

Read my response to kiethy ! 

• Upvote 6
DanExert
4 minutes ago, tobiassolem said:

It's not as if streamers have influence over the development of the game. Amirite? :kappa:

Haha I know what you mean, as @PuddleMurdasaid it is the top-tier streamers sitting in on the podcasts and whispering into Nikita's ear, and we have seen notable changes due to this (aimpunch, anyone?), but we have seen some positive too with the 'Scav Leg Meta' video, also from Veritas.

Wait until a streamer with a solid background in the forums joins in on the podcasts, armed with the voice of the people who actually care about the game and want it to remain difficult and challenging, with plenty to do past level 40 (dailies/weeklies/challenges) but also accessible for those who may not have all the time in the world to play (get rid of PMC pistol quests, firstly).

If only there was someone who could fill this role...

• Upvote 1
kiethygeorge

Not sure if I wanted to discuss anything.

odd, that's kind of the point of a forum.

Then they sit in on developer podcasts and whatnot, as representatives of the community, when in fact they represent as much of the common EFT-player as a modern politician represent the people... in other words; jack sh!t

That's not their role in developer podcasts, they are there to ask questions and deliver information, not direct the development of the game or represent the whole playerbase.

You will be thankful once the game releases and you've been playing a while and hit level cap, that the end game is still a solid experience. It only takes around 200 raids to level cap which can be done fairly quickly with moderate playtime.

Edited by kiethygeorge
PuddleMurda
22 minutes ago, DanExert said:

I'd much rather see someone with 1,915 posts and 1,006 "beans" in the official forum than some self-entitled streamer on a dev podcast.

That is a good indication of genuinely wanting to participate in a civilized discussion regarding features and channeling what the vocal player base actually thinks about this and that.

You got my vote.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
PauleSchaule

I've see. This video for 2 minutes, all He Said is that the game can get boring when reaching lvl 40? And tbh he is right, there must be some end game content. "Or maybe I just didn't get varitas point"

anyway, tarkov is still in beta and there will be much more content in the future... Quests, traders, more things to do... I wouldn't worry about it.

or maybe he don't want to play eft anymore because it gets boring but he know a lot of his viewers are just watching because of tarkov,,, don't know :D

VonOrange

there are people who play the game boring and get bored. It literally is still a beta game with most of the promised content slowly coming out. If i get bored i play a different game or find dudes on discord to play with. this company obviously rewards its big time streamers but that's also the reason this game is even played. It pushed Klean so hard to make this game big  on twitch and it worked. It made space for others to make it big on twitch playing this game. it gave them a voice and here we are today. get over it who cares.  plus if you spent the time to listen to his ideas he even says "this doesnt have to be done but i think it would be cool." some of his ideas were legit. I have a big wang

Mr_Sheep
4 hours ago, tobiassolem said:

"It's not as if streamers have influence over the development of the game. Amirite? :kappa:"

Get back in your cave, you 

• Hot 1
  • Cold 1
BaconSniper

I think it is dumb we support streamers who in turn find exploits for us to speed run the game then cutie about developers . I don't watch any of them any more and would not give any of them a rouble, never mind a sub or real money. They ruin the game. Imagine if everyone had to figure out everything themselves.. the content would be super fun. But no we can just you-tube quick farms and then cutie it's too easy.

Tr4wnet
8 hours ago, PuddleMurda said:

The YouTube algorithm decided to throw a Veritas upload in face just now, and 2.35 minutes in I just had to pause the video out of pure boredom and frustration, and started to write a comment. 

I decided to not post the comment, as I did not want to get bombarded with mind-numbing mouth diarrhea by his fan boys. I'll post my intended answer to him here instead. 

"2 minutes in, and all I can think is; Try to actually enjoy the game. I have played more since this wipe than any other, and I feel like I have wasted way too much time in front of the computer (EFT) as of late, and I am level 30. I feel I'd be weeks, if not months, away from level 40 if I had not decided to take a much needed break from video games for a while.

You are a streamer, dude. You spend, for a person who's got a regular day job or other things to attend to, an unfathomable amount of time playing this game. Your opinion should be considered an anomaly, or that of a person who's got a serious video game addiction.

Even if you are that skilled that you can reach level 40 within days, you are still an anomaly.

Your opinions represent what? 0.2% of the player base, and your unquestionably loyal fan base, which of many probably does not even play the game themselves, and just nods agreeably to anything you say because (insert derogatory name for a non-thinking individual)."

Here's the video; 

What do you mean by "anomaly"? 

Valaska

I actually responded with similar notions... I'll actually throw what I said here;

[Veritas doesn't] seem to understand [anything] about gaming. You put something as too hardcore and [neglecting] the lower end players, that means it has almost ZERO mass appeal. Look at Darkfall, look at FFXIV's numbers vs EVE Onlines, look at ANY REAL WORLD INSTANCE. You are the top 1% and you are whining about top 1% issues.

If they want bulk supplies and a HEALTHY PLAYER BASE they need to actually cater to new players. ALL of your suggestions, [punish] new players completely. You don't seem to realize how heavily it will [punish] new players. A completely loot driven economy will have prices SKYROCKET due to artificial scarcity since supply and demand has literally never been a real-world working concept. The suggestion of gear playing the absolute end factor in combat only making higher tier players even that much stronger again fucks over new people trying to learn the game. They're going to run into you, a twitch based shooter with good reflexes and aim, and shoot into your T6 Fort and accomplish duck all.

They might even get the drop on your but they're stuck using bullshit hollowpoints because everything else in the game is so [insanely] expensive because anyone selling low instantly gets bought out and then sold high by high-end players. Trust me, I [actually] did this exact same thing in FFXIV on the loot only based items. I became one of the most hated players (on my alt) because I literally controlled who progressed on their crafting quests, since the mineral I mined and bought out rapidly was literally required to mine the next further up resource. It got to the point where Square Enix contacted me BY THE PHONE to ask me to stop. Which I did, because they showed me the massive drop in player counts I was causing.

This game isn't about just loot and money numbers. This game is about fun and fighting. How much are you going to enjoy the game when it is literally the same community of 100-200 die hardcore players, and NO ONE watching your [darn] stream, because NO ONE PLAYS THIS GAME? This game will never get a healthy and large player base with your suggestions. Based Demo even points this poo out.

100%, you just want money numbers to go up... not fun. You want them to go up SPECIFICALLY for yourself and other top end players while ignoring new players, low skill players, average, middling, etc. You want them completely [forced] out of the game. Because when people get rich they will manipulate the market... as has been the tradition SINCE THE BEGINNING OF FREE MARKETS. Supply and Demand does not, and HAS NEVER, existed.

So I'll go a bit more in-depth since this place matters most. Also if you [notice] brackets, I've edited something to make it make more sense or... censored. I actually cornered the market on 2 games.

Unification Wars

The first being Unification Wars where I learned to do what I did. This was a browser game that had a completely player driven economy that had no regulations or controls. The entire server would wipe out and reset after one player managed to set off a doomsday device, which would grant access to the Viral 416 race to play as. This normally costed money!

So after one of these wipes, I quickly picked AsphaMiner and then set out my work. I went fully into exploration and resource production and managed to make massive amounts of a mineral that ONLY Aspha Miners could make, Aspha Crystal,  or "A.Crystal." This was needed to make the best ships in the game. The caveat with Aspha Miners was that we could not produce food, but our minerals were so valuable we had a steady income of cash! Welp... I then set out buying every scrap of food because I was the servers leading source of Aspha Crystal. This eventually starved out every single Aspha Miner player in the game except for myself. I would buy food and sell it back at such a massive profit, as soon as Terrans would list food I would buy it out en-masse. I would then attack and OBLITERATE any player who was Aspha Miner and selling Aspha Crystal on the market.

Eventually, I was, literally, the only Aspha Miner player left in the game. I then cranked the cost of Aspha Crystal so high that no other race could afford to make dreadnaught spam or the doomsday weapon. I then was about to build the doomsday weapon but then thought... "but why?" I already controlled the entire server... with a very simple bot that would ensure the food kept purchased always, I controlled the game. So I just left it, people would attack me but I had so much money and resources my fleet was literally endless.

The devs of Unification Wars were extremely intelligent though. They didn't talk to me, they didn't ban me... they did what Escape from Tarkov has. They introduced a soft cap on the price of minerals. But they also made a hard cap on how much money could be stored with a "vault" addition, and also controlled how many resources a player could buy and sell in a day. I nearly killed the entire slow tickrate version of that game.

FFXIV

So this was a bit more innocuous. It was myself and a free company (I didn't mean to take all the credit in my post and I fixed it later in other posts) who were top end raiders on one of the servers. We became very rich and we decided to just... get even richer and to corner the market on something after I told them what I had done in Unification Wars, and what Cairn Alliance did on Darkfall Online (along with VAMP, and several other alliances that cornered markets), and they were interested. So I picked a mineral called Smithsonite ore, which was essential the gate for the next tier of gathering.

We set out a 24/7 buying campaign and mined the nodes constantly. Mind you this is a PVE game even, where the node stays open for X amount of time for all players. But by simple doing market manipulation we limited the number of players to just a couple dozen who could actually go on the mine the next content's gear since smithsonite and its other ore were so expensive... new players could not manage to get the gear they needed. It even forced all the lower ores etc to rise exponentially.

You either had to grind endlessly on the lowest tier stuff and then MAYBE make 2-3 smithsonite with your low-end gathering gear, or you had to pay our ridiculous prices. Eventually, Square Enix itself contact several of us by phone and this... was sort of a wake-up call. They'd said that forty percent of players had either transferred off of our server or quit the game completely. We stopped doing this tactic, and I've never played on that server since because... it's dead. That server is just dead. I play on my main on a different server still, but I am never going to do that kind of market manipulation ever again. It kills the game.

Epilogue?

The scary thing, though? There are entire "gaming groups" dedicated to killing games. Especially those with open markets. A few tried to do it with Darkfall but largely failed because there were very large and very organized alliances to set out to stop it pro-actively. Unfortunately... these organizations accidentally became what they were trying to stop and ended up controlling markets and new players so tightly, that new players just left the game. No one bought it because it got a bad reputation as being too hardcore. They killed the game they were trying to protect.

EVE Online had this happening through the Goon Federation's complete monopoly on goo, CCP though broke the complete monopoly (which was starting to kill the game it went from 36k+ players to 18-20k players) by adding several more "casual" ways of getting moon mined materials etc.

People like Veritas, even if he THINKS he means well and he THINKS that his suggestions will "be best for new players" and "help new players" or "be even better for new players" as he says over and over in that... he doesn't understand how much it will hurt new players, average players, and the game itself. He can't and in fact, he refuses to see any fault in his reasoning or logic. He is ignoring anyone bringing up counterpoints and only <3'ing supportive comments, and avoiding responding to ANY criticism. His mind is completely made up and he is only thinking of what he perceives as fun. Being a top tiered god, messiah, that just walks over new players who are forced to use crappy hollowpoints and Vepr's. Not the nice 7.62 Vepr, either... he wants to take any chance that a new player could just pop a high tier player and get a huge score out of the game.

This just... this will kill the game. Trying to kill hatchlings or pistolings... trying to make the game so brutally punishing upon death, it will turn the majority of players away from this game. You will be left with a community similar to what late-stage darkfall was. Literally, 200 active players were all they had at the end.

200... was the game super hardcore? You bet your ass it was, until they tried to correct their mistake when it was all too late and there were only a couple hundred accounts. People like Veritas will be the death of the game. Heck, this "out of battle healing" and surgery costs, maybe even the open world map if its implemented badly... those could be enough to kill the game. Hardcore games usually survive because they have some quality of life and concessions to the hardcore experience to appeal to a larger market of players. I just really hope that Nikita can take a step back and see that some of his own ideas could push the vast majority of players away, and limit this studios ability to put food on their own plate and continue to exist.

There's a point where you have to swallow your pride and accept that, yes, you need the average player to enjoy your game.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Hot 2
  • Upvote 2
Marcelo_1979
16 hours ago, DanExert said:

Wait until a streamer with a solid background in the forums joins in on the podcasts, armed with the voice of the people who actually care about the game and want it to remain difficult and challenging, with plenty to do past level 40 (dailies/weeklies/challenges) but also accessible for those who may not have all the time in the world to play (get rid of PMC pistol quests, firstly).

I can only think of one name… a British streamer that goes by the name of XanEdert or something like that lol.

You have my vote as well, all your suggestions are reasonable and well-thought-out. Everybody that reads your posts and/or watches your streams can see that you´re wholeheartedly passionate about the game and want to cooperate in order to make EFT a game we, the hardcore players, want to play.

• Like 1
AdhesiveTeflon
7 hours ago, Valaska said:

Heck, this "out of battle healing" and surgery costs, maybe even the open world map if its implemented badly... those could be enough to kill the game. 

Agreed, healing out of a raid is completely stupid.  It makes zero sense on why that's even implemented; at that point PMCs that die should just loose their whole stash and start back at level 0 as a different PMC too.

• Like 1
kiethygeorge
5 hours ago, AdhesiveTeflon said:

It makes zero sense on why that's even implemented

it'll add some risk to going into raids completely naked, which is a good thing.

Valaska
41 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

it'll add some risk to going into raids completely naked, which is a good thing.

And when a player who is trying to learn the game ends up having... nothing but his bayonet, do they need to be punished even further? Arguably this system will quickly deplete peoples inventories and resources faster, so new and learning players get punished MASSIVELY through the silly idea of punishing death that much more. This system... is not the best idea on the kind of game this is. You're looking at a game that will have a population crash.

Like they might need to wipe accounts and give people back money at that point and stash just so they can reset when they get bankrupted. Unless those costs are VERY MINOR, the system does not make sense. Also, a timegatesystem is pushing Tarkov into the direction of being a ducking mobile game with time gates. So that should NEVER be an option. The whole 3 PMC and time gating on each one literally makes me think of a mobile game...

It also massively spreads out the new learning/low tier/average player's efforts and make them feel like they're never making progress. I dunno these two systems layered ontop of each other are going to hurt the game massively. It might benefit the top tier of players, the very end of the bell curb. But these two systems together are especially going to punish everyone outside of that, thus, alienating the majority of players.

kiethygeorge
4 hours ago, Valaska said:

new and learning players get punished MASSIVELY through the silly idea of punishing death that much more.

Fair point but do you balance the game for a players first few experiences or for the long term players? They could just introduce it after a certain level.

Valaska
7 hours ago, kiethygeorge said:

Fair point but do you balance the game for a players first few experiences or for the long term players? They could just introduce it after a certain level.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I would honestly argue, though, that the fact the game is open world and when you die... likely, you'll be sent back a map or two... or maybe ALL of them would be punishment enough. You could then introduce a helicopter drop function that would cost a lot of money and possibly bartered fuel in order to drop down onto that map you just died on in set LZ's that are controlled by where players or scavs currently are not.

This way there is, in fact, a punishment for death but also a convenience which is also a money sink at the same time. I think with the idea of flair gun extractions this could really mesh well with the rest of the game. But it is definitely a balancing act between the two, the thing I've found out though, is that absolute hard core and die hard fans are a slim minority.

I don't have too many completed games under my belt. Just four titles where I was a decent contributor and a couple of AA games I ghost wrote for, so I can't... actually say which ones of those I worked on. But they were pretty decent CRPG games on kickstarter. But through all my gaming and game development I've learned quite a bit from my time with both. I naturally gravitate to games like Darkfall Online, EVE, etc... and when they go too far to lean onto the hardcore people it falls apart.

Then of course if you pander too much, your game has as much longevity until the next big thing comes out. A middle is possible, and you will ALWAYS get a population burst. SOme games like FFXIV and Warframe break this by offering content available for groups of casual, average, and hardcore players as best they can.

FFXIV

FFXIV has the entire (very decently) written story available to the normal casual player. There are some really good fights that teach you very important mechanics to try and prepare you for harder content, but if you mess these up it doesn't really punish you much. You might think this is too easy and makes it unrewarding... but the fun of the game and the story is actually rewarding itself.

Then for your average players who want to be further challenged, virtually every dungeon/raid has a hard mode on it. These up the ante and make mistakes punishing, sometimes one mistake is enough to wipe out an entire raid. But they aren't too crazy, it's manageable by anyone who has taken the time to learn.

Then there's savage... holy, hecking, fricken frick... savage. This difficulty adds new mechanics and has the best rewards behind it. It's... insanely brutal. You are relying on every team member of every job class to be doing EXACTLY what they need to be doing at that EXACT moment, if anything, and I mean ANYTHING messes up, an hours raid is gone. It is so brutally punishing, and victory itself is the reward.

Why does this relate to Tarkov? I feel Tarkov actually is that brutally punishing experience where victory itself is enough of a reward. To further throw on punishment layer after punishment layer will bog down and muddy the experience. It will take away from just, playing the game. Of course, making it too easy will just remove that punishing aspect. But I think something, like I said, would be a punishing enough situation. The earlier zones would be cheaper and more readily accessed and have less of the top tier equipment scattered in them.

Warframe

Warframe has a slight twist on its activity which... FFXIV also does, but Warframe relies almost purely on it. Constant and large content updates. These content updates are interesting to all people and they tend to keep the vital events and tasks you can complete easy enough yet somewhat challenging that players need to pay attention and know how the game works. Like the recent event Hostile Mergers, to get the 2 event guns you need to get a score of 4000.

That score of 4000 is achieved by killing progressively scaling corpus enemies (the hardest hitting in the game) while defending points that have keys you activate. One special enemy with a TON of HP and unique movement/debuffs on players will rush that point and you need to kill them before they can blow themselves up on the objective. As each round finishes the enemies get progressively stronger, getting to aboot level 80 which is far beyond the "casual" or completely unskilled players comfort level. Most of the events have something that forces you to dip your toes into the danger pool.

The game also keeps surviving and, growing, by challenging exactly what the game actually is. They introduce content that completely and utterly reshapes the entirety of the game in ways that people thought not possible. Open world maps, for instance, upcoming space flight and fighting/ship content, player "housing," and even the introduction of an intricate and well-woven story with surprisingly deep lore completely shook what the experience was up.

They also treat players time pretty decently. Once you hit rank 30 on a frame, you can go into Sorties. These are extremely easy ways to make in-game premium currency. You quite literally never need to pay for the game at any point, you can buy more than enough warframe slots to fit all the prime variants in the game. They even give you free slots periodically. Also weapons etc.

Then there's daily content and seasonal stuff. It's just a constant feed of content, events, and things to gain and earn with reasonable time in. Sometimes they REALLY tip the scale and go insane with the grind, but typically, they are pretty respectful of their players. They even removed an in-game gambling mechanic with Kubrows and Pets because they recognized it would make them a ton of money... but a player had already within hours spent over two thousand dollars on the mechanic.

Digital Extremes actually refunded the guy his money, took the game down, and removed the feature.

Tarkov!

How the open world aspect of Tarkov functions will largely matter on how this issue can be tackled. How to find that delicate balance. If it works the way I believe Nikita is going, as in, you die and your PMC gets sent to a battle hospital or something off that section and then has to heal for X amount of money and X amount of time... it'll be pretty crappy. You will need to move all your PMC's up the map slowly and when you run out of 3 on a bad streak, it seems pretty ridiculously frustrating and something that could permanently kill a players account and lock it into limbo of not enough funds. Or the inconvenience of needing to wait hours upon hours upon hours will send them flying into the arms of another game.

"Good! Let them scrubs leave!"

Well hey now... those people, those scrubs, those are people who are the people you are shooting and playing against. Those are people who could learn and get better at the game if given the chance. Those are people who put the food on Nikita's plate, who keep the lights on in BSG. Hardcore players alone can not and certainly will not support this game on its own. Future content/dlc/seasons passes will rely on the majority of players remaining in this project. This game deserves to succeed. BSG has done so much hard and great work that I really want to see this succeed. It is so much fun when it works.

My solution? Well, it's what I suggested above. If you want punishment on death and to encourage players to gear up more, make the reason survival itself. Remove 3 PMC's, that's silly. Building 3 players in a game where;

• Skills affect your performance
  • Skills take a very long time to train
  • Skills take skilled play to increase in the first place
  • Skills degrade over time

And spreading that across 3 characters of which need to heal up between deaths etc will just overwhelm and frustrate players. Even more hardcore players will be frustrated if an unlucky turn of events leads to them being forced to it and wait for heal times or they lose their amazing gear ONTOP OF losing all that high-end gear. These death punishments could, ironically, encourage top end players to actually run mid-tier gear more than high-end gear unless they get on the end map.

So we remove the 3 PMC idea. Now your progression on the map resets when you die instead of you lose money or take healtime.  You are medivaced out, who cares, it has layers of immersion... and it has REAL consequences to it too. Now you can have a money sink in having it so that a player can pay for a helicopter back into the map they were on, and are dropped into LZ's as I said above. This could have a brief travel time on it even. Don't do 10 minutes. 10 minutes is excessive. 10 minutes is fine for scav runs right now since they are just a side content thing, and frankly, are brilliant. Scavs are an amazing way to learn the game and I want to give BSG kudos on this idea. Well done.

Let's assume a few things for the sake of argument. Shoreline is the starting map, and streets of Tarkov is your end with everything between being... in-between.

A flow of this system

1. Player Dies in Streets of Tarkov
    • They lose all their gear. This is essential to Tarkov.
  2. The player is immediately brought to their inventory area.
    • In the future, this would be the Hideout. Nice!
    • Could lead to a future hub location outside of Tarkov.
  3. The player now has two options.
    • A: Choose to take the boat back to Shoreline. This immediately spawns you into an area in the map.
    • B: The player wants to return back to Streets of Tarkov. But it is as far as you go, so you need to pay a HEAVY money sink that will wear on players to drop back into this map on one of the helicopter extract areas, as an LZ. This could be especially enticing to rejoin your squad, or simply get back to where loot is the best.

This allows players who are newer and learning, but have managed to fight their way further into the map to do a few in map extractions. This gives them both profit options and incentive to move further in. But it also makes it so surviving on this map is much more preferable and weighty than not surviving. A hatchet run will remove a lot of time and investment into progressing through the map and getting here. In fact, the nature of moving from map to map means players will naturally gear up as they progress deeper into the game.

Route A can get you into the game fast and cheap so you can do your hatchling runs to learn the ropes of the game and make enough roubles/dosh/etc to begin prepping for further out excursions into the world of Tarkov.  Route B allows players to get back in the fight and keep in their zone and escalation of play longer and more reliably. It can link groups of players back together and still punish people for not bringing gear into these areas. None of this need silly, wonky, over complex loot chances based on gear score... it doesn't overtly punish casual or inexperienced players. It keeps ALL progression on ONE character.

I cannot stress how vital it is for Battle State Games to keep all progression on one character... spreading it out will just gut the reward for playing. A player should always feel like they are progressing overall in some-way. Spreading across three characters kills this and makes it feel like if they don't progress on one, the other suffers and they are screwed when they die and are on that PMC. It also means that skills will degrade on the PMC's you're not playing often enough... meaning you will need to spread your play across 3 entire characters and constantly be maintaining skills so they don't degrade.

I don't like skill degradation tbh, I think it would be better if there were daily tasks and such instead. Those are better/more fun/rewarding/engaging ways of forcing players to log in and play.

At any rate... I don't think Nikita or anyone at BSG will ever read this tbh :x. But I hope I can start a dialogue, and if BSG do read it, thank you for reading this! Your game has so much potential, I would love to be sitting where you guys are right now. There's a lot of fun to be had in the game as it is right now, some of the most fun I've had in a long time! The adrenaline rush of nabbing a good scav and looting them off a pistol run... then progressively fighting PMC's and gearing up little by little, is insanely fun.

There's so much potential in this game and I am sometimes taken aback by how in-depth and meticulous this game has been. I really hope what I said is considered and that BSG doesn't forget the little guy in this. We need a healthy and large player base to keep things fun and new... and to keep money coming in so we can get more Tarkov updates/content, and even games from BSG!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Regarding new players and balance, yes the game is damn punishing to them way too much, you are thrown inside a raid with no clue what to do , where the exits are (lets be honest you wont find them without youtube, heck even after almost 3 years of Tarkov i tend to go on youtube to look for specific scav exits).

Game needs a tutorial.

One other help for new players (and players with low survival ratio) is to decrease the cooldowns of the SCAV character, at the same time players that have better survival rates should have them increase, sort of a dynamic system.

Now back to Streamers, yep i agreee they dont do the game any good, very self entitled and act like some sort of "playerbase voice" when they arent.

When it comes to endgame gear i am exactly the opposite of what Veritas and streamers want, end gear SHOULDNT BE PROFITABLE in the usual way, it increases your chance of survival , thats it.

Of course that if you run mostly endgame gear, purely by statistics you wont kill as many well geared players as you are...and yes you will be killed more by ambushes and mosins. 

Not all players can afford to run half a mill rouble gear like its nothing, ppl do have lives outside Tarkov...

His YT video should be 

Also the part where he claimed you dont have much a higher survival chance with high end gear made me cringe...i mostly use ghzel level 4 and ALREADY THAT thing TANKS shots...

Now there are items that are unbalanced /overpriced thats for sure, BUT when you whine you dont make profit easily when you go out with 500+ k roubles gear ....lmao

Edited by Alter
  • Upvote 2
FunYun
4 hours ago, Complex_Basics said:

I mean, once you reach end-game you get to anger more low levels into rage-quitting the game.

Low levels pretty much only exist because of wipes, but if there were no wipes, everyone would be completely maxed out by now.

Valaska
1 hour ago, FunYun said:

Low levels pretty much only exist because of wipes, but if there were no wipes, everyone would be completely maxed out by now.

Mmmno, they wouldn't. From what I am seeing people who lack EoD often get stuck on inventory juggling and leave... not only that but a certain rung of players gets there first and then hound/hawk labs. Those players simply can't compete at that level and that's fine, but they wouldn't all be at the end game. The majority of players will not be "at the end game" and "maxed out by now" that's completely ridiculous to say.

Am 30.5.2019 um 22:51 schrieb kiethygeorge:

odd, that's kind of the point of a forum.

That's not their role in developer podcasts, they are there to ask questions and deliver information, not direct the development of the game or represent the whole playerbase.

You will be thankful once the game releases and you've been playing a while and hit level cap, that the end game is still a solid experience. It only takes around 200 raids to level cap which can be done fairly quickly with moderate playtime.

sry i have a life

• Like 1