These streamers... sigh

PuddleMurda

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Valaska:

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I would honestly argue, though, that the fact the game is open world and when you die... likely, you'll be sent back a map or two... or maybe ALL of them would be punishment enough. You could then introduce a helicopter drop function that would cost a lot of money and possibly bartered fuel in order to drop down onto that map you just died on in set LZ's that are controlled by where players or scavs currently are not.

This way there is, in fact, a punishment for death but also a convenience which is also a money sink at the same time. I think with the idea of flair gun extractions this could really mesh well with the rest of the game. But it is definitely a balancing act between the two, the thing I've found out though, is that absolute hard core and die hard fans are a slim minority.

I don't have too many completed games under my belt. Just four titles where I was a decent contributor and a couple of AA games I ghost wrote for, so I can't... actually say which ones of those I worked on. But they were pretty decent CRPG games on kickstarter. But through all my gaming and game development I've learned quite a bit from my time with both. I naturally gravitate to games like Darkfall Online, EVE, etc... and when they go too far to lean onto the hardcore people it falls apart.

Then of course if you pander too much, your game has as much longevity until the next big thing comes out. A middle is possible, and you will ALWAYS get a population burst. SOme games like FFXIV and Warframe break this by offering content available for groups of casual, average, and hardcore players as best they can.

FFXIV

FFXIV has the entire (very decently) written story available to the normal casual player. There are some really good fights that teach you very important mechanics to try and prepare you for harder content, but if you mess these up it doesn't really punish you much. You might think this is too easy and makes it unrewarding... but the fun of the game and the story is actually rewarding itself.

Then for your average players who want to be further challenged, virtually every dungeon/raid has a hard mode on it. These up the ante and make mistakes punishing, sometimes one mistake is enough to wipe out an entire raid. But they aren't too crazy, it's manageable by anyone who has taken the time to learn.

Then there's savage... holy, hecking, fricken frick... savage. This difficulty adds new mechanics and has the best rewards behind it. It's... insanely brutal. You are relying on every team member of every job class to be doing EXACTLY what they need to be doing at that EXACT moment, if anything, and I mean ANYTHING messes up, an hours raid is gone. It is so brutally punishing, and victory itself is the reward.

Why does this relate to Tarkov? I feel Tarkov actually is that brutally punishing experience where victory itself is enough of a reward. To further throw on punishment layer after punishment layer will bog down and muddy the experience. It will take away from just, playing the game. Of course, making it too easy will just remove that punishing aspect. But I think something, like I said, would be a punishing enough situation. The earlier zones would be cheaper and more readily accessed and have less of the top tier equipment scattered in them.

Warframe

Warframe has a slight twist on its activity which... FFXIV also does, but Warframe relies almost purely on it. Constant and large content updates. These content updates are interesting to all people and they tend to keep the vital events and tasks you can complete easy enough yet somewhat challenging that players need to pay attention and know how the game works. Like the recent event Hostile Mergers, to get the 2 event guns you need to get a score of 4000.

That score of 4000 is achieved by killing progressively scaling corpus enemies (the hardest hitting in the game) while defending points that have keys you activate. One special enemy with a TON of HP and unique movement/debuffs on players will rush that point and you need to kill them before they can blow themselves up on the objective. As each round finishes the enemies get progressively stronger, getting to aboot level 80 which is far beyond the "casual" or completely unskilled players comfort level. Most of the events have something that forces you to dip your toes into the danger pool.

The game also keeps surviving and, growing, by challenging exactly what the game actually is. They introduce content that completely and utterly reshapes the entirety of the game in ways that people thought not possible. Open world maps, for instance, upcoming space flight and fighting/ship content, player "housing," and even the introduction of an intricate and well-woven story with surprisingly deep lore completely shook what the experience was up.

They also treat players time pretty decently. Once you hit rank 30 on a frame, you can go into Sorties. These are extremely easy ways to make in-game premium currency. You quite literally never need to pay for the game at any point, you can buy more than enough warframe slots to fit all the prime variants in the game. They even give you free slots periodically. Also weapons etc.

Then there's daily content and seasonal stuff. It's just a constant feed of content, events, and things to gain and earn with reasonable time in. Sometimes they REALLY tip the scale and go insane with the grind, but typically, they are pretty respectful of their players. They even removed an in-game gambling mechanic with Kubrows and Pets because they recognized it would make them a ton of money... but a player had already within hours spent over two thousand dollars on the mechanic.

Digital Extremes actually refunded the guy his money, took the game down, and removed the feature.

Tarkov!

How the open world aspect of Tarkov functions will largely matter on how this issue can be tackled. How to find that delicate balance. If it works the way I believe Nikita is going, as in, you die and your PMC gets sent to a battle hospital or something off that section and then has to heal for X amount of money and X amount of time... it'll be pretty crappy. You will need to move all your PMC's up the map slowly and when you run out of 3 on a bad streak, it seems pretty ridiculously frustrating and something that could permanently kill a players account and lock it into limbo of not enough funds. Or the inconvenience of needing to wait hours upon hours upon hours will send them flying into the arms of another game.

"Good! Let them scrubs leave!"

Well hey now... those people, those scrubs, those are people who are the people you are shooting and playing against. Those are people who could learn and get better at the game if given the chance. Those are people who put the food on Nikita's plate, who keep the lights on in BSG. Hardcore players alone can not and certainly will not support this game on its own. Future content/dlc/seasons passes will rely on the majority of players remaining in this project. This game deserves to succeed. BSG has done so much hard and great work that I really want to see this succeed. It is so much fun when it works.

My solution? Well, it's what I suggested above. If you want punishment on death and to encourage players to gear up more, make the reason survival itself. Remove 3 PMC's, that's silly. Building 3 players in a game where;

• Skills affect your performance
  • Skills take a very long time to train
  • Skills take skilled play to increase in the first place
  • Skills degrade over time

And spreading that across 3 characters of which need to heal up between deaths etc will just overwhelm and frustrate players. Even more hardcore players will be frustrated if an unlucky turn of events leads to them being forced to it and wait for heal times or they lose their amazing gear ONTOP OF losing all that high-end gear. These death punishments could, ironically, encourage top end players to actually run mid-tier gear more than high-end gear unless they get on the end map.

So we remove the 3 PMC idea. Now your progression on the map resets when you die instead of you lose money or take healtime.  You are medivaced out, who cares, it has layers of immersion... and it has REAL consequences to it too. Now you can have a money sink in having it so that a player can pay for a helicopter back into the map they were on, and are dropped into LZ's as I said above. This could have a brief travel time on it even. Don't do 10 minutes. 10 minutes is excessive. 10 minutes is fine for scav runs right now since they are just a side content thing, and frankly, are brilliant. Scavs are an amazing way to learn the game and I want to give BSG kudos on this idea. Well done.

Let's assume a few things for the sake of argument. Shoreline is the starting map, and streets of Tarkov is your end with everything between being... in-between.

A flow of this system

1. Player Dies in Streets of Tarkov
    • They lose all their gear. This is essential to Tarkov.
  2. The player is immediately brought to their inventory area.
    • In the future, this would be the Hideout. Nice!
    • Could lead to a future hub location outside of Tarkov.
  3. The player now has two options.
    • A: Choose to take the boat back to Shoreline. This immediately spawns you into an area in the map.
    • B: The player wants to return back to Streets of Tarkov. But it is as far as you go, so you need to pay a HEAVY money sink that will wear on players to drop back into this map on one of the helicopter extract areas, as an LZ. This could be especially enticing to rejoin your squad, or simply get back to where loot is the best.

This allows players who are newer and learning, but have managed to fight their way further into the map to do a few in map extractions. This gives them both profit options and incentive to move further in. But it also makes it so surviving on this map is much more preferable and weighty than not surviving. A hatchet run will remove a lot of time and investment into progressing through the map and getting here. In fact, the nature of moving from map to map means players will naturally gear up as they progress deeper into the game.

Route A can get you into the game fast and cheap so you can do your hatchling runs to learn the ropes of the game and make enough roubles/dosh/etc to begin prepping for further out excursions into the world of Tarkov.  Route B allows players to get back in the fight and keep in their zone and escalation of play longer and more reliably. It can link groups of players back together and still punish people for not bringing gear into these areas. None of this need silly, wonky, over complex loot chances based on gear score... it doesn't overtly punish casual or inexperienced players. It keeps ALL progression on ONE character.

I cannot stress how vital it is for Battle State Games to keep all progression on one character... spreading it out will just gut the reward for playing. A player should always feel like they are progressing overall in some-way. Spreading across three characters kills this and makes it feel like if they don't progress on one, the other suffers and they are screwed when they die and are on that PMC. It also means that skills will degrade on the PMC's you're not playing often enough... meaning you will need to spread your play across 3 entire characters and constantly be maintaining skills so they don't degrade.

I don't like skill degradation tbh, I think it would be better if there were daily tasks and such instead. Those are better/more fun/rewarding/engaging ways of forcing players to log in and play.

At any rate... I don't think Nikita or anyone at BSG will ever read this tbh :x. But I hope I can start a dialogue, and if BSG do read it, thank you for reading this! Your game has so much potential, I would love to be sitting where you guys are right now. There's a lot of fun to be had in the game as it is right now, some of the most fun I've had in a long time! The adrenaline rush of nabbing a good scav and looting them off a pistol run... then progressively fighting PMC's and gearing up little by little, is insanely fun.

There's so much potential in this game and I am sometimes taken aback by how in-depth and meticulous this game has been. I really hope what I said is considered and that BSG doesn't forget the little guy in this. We need a healthy and large player base to keep things fun and new... and to keep money coming in so we can get more Tarkov updates/content, and even games from BSG!

if you really where a game developer you woudnt write novel-posts in other forums then that of your own games.If you really invested into something you focus on that, not on such unprofitable nonense that dont bring you one step forward.

I am a publisher of AAA games too and you can send me a personal message with your projects.

maybie we can make an agreement to cooperate.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kiethygeorge

• Did117

• PuddleMurda

• Valaska

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The YouTube algorithm decided to throw a Veritas upload in face just now, and 2.35 minutes in I just had to pause the video out of pure boredom and frustration, and started to write a comment.  I

I actually responded with similar notions... I'll actually throw what I said here; So I'll go a bit more in-depth since this place matters most. Also if you [notice] brackets, I've edited somet

Not sure if I wanted to discuss anything. But since you are putting me on the spot...  I wanted to discuss the influence of these streamers, and how their opinions actually do weigh a hell of a l

Posted Images

Valaska
Just now, shr84 said:

if you really where a game developer you woudnt write novel-posts in other forums then that of your own games.If you really invested into something you focus on that, not on such unprofitable nonense that dont bring you one step forward.

I am a publisher of AAA games too and you can send me a personal message with your projects.

maybie we can make an agreement to cooperate.

Huh? I didn't make FFXIV or Unification Wars... or warframe! Those were made by Square Enix, Gamestotal, and Digital Extremes respectively. But you can't purely just work 24/7, I like to play games still and unwind between periods of crunch! That and this is a game I have come to absolutely love in a short amount of time. I believe in the game and I really want to see it and BSG/Nikita all of them flourish!

I'm not the only one on our dev team over here to passionately speak about games and projects. We often coordinate with other indie game developers on an indie game dev discord to actually help one another! It's all about growing the pie and helping one another out.

Thanks for the offer! But we're currently not looking for a publisher, our community has really been stepping up and we're getting a decent amount of funding for a game we plan to release on steam etc :). But thanks!

Snot_Shot

As Alter and Valaska explained, you have to balance game to fit average player and not the "long term player" by which people usually mean small minority of very vocal hardcore players or streamers like Veritas etc. I do not understand how its so difficult for some people to grasp this.

Quickybaby's  almost 10 year player base data analysis video shows how WOT game changes aimed at the average player brings new and old players back.

There is also quite few videos about EVE Online showing exactly the same -  Its the average players that keeps EVE going. Almost every single big engagement is planned for prime time because corps/alliances need numbers and those numbers come from the average Joe who can log on for only 2-3 hours after they put kids to bed.

BF5 player base before and after TTK changes to suit more casual player, anyone? And that is just to name the few.

So "the long term" player is the average player and I rather loose Veritas from this game than 10 average players.

• Upvote 1

Respectively, I'd say that this response was a little unwarranted. The subject of his video is something many players understand and deal with, and he was exploring ideas on how to address them. This is a pretty normal, and predictable, thing to do. Within his community, not everyone agrees with him, and often give him flak in his chat.

Was there something specific that bothered you? It's not like he has a direct line to Battlestate developers. He, or anyone, can voice his opinion freely. Perhaps you're assuming too much of it (him)? Battlestate isn't going to automatically make changes because of a Veritas video, there's no need to worry bud.

But his opinion surround the imbalance of gear investment and survival is grounded in some real truth. Much of this is experienced by most players once they hit Level 4 traders, so it's not odd for a streamer to discuss this subject. 

Once you hit 40 (assuming you're still not), you might see from his perspective. This, and imbalanced gear loss/investment, was the specific context of the video. I see nothing odd or wrong about his video. It wasn't even a big deal.

Snot_Shot
26 minutes ago, droscoe said:

It's not like he has a direct line to Battlestate developers. He, or anyone, can voice his opinion freely. Perhaps you're assuming too much of it (him)? Battlestate isn't going to automatically make changes because of a Veritas video, there's no need to worry bud.

This is exactly what happened and we do not want it to be repeated. Due to just 1 streamer we had this wonderful "aim punch" feature introduced which had to be removed because people stopped playing this game.

kiethygeorge
13 hours ago, shr84 said:

sry i have a life

Something tells me you don't if you're on here baiting responses with low IQ posts, but anyway, 200 raids is easily doable in a couple of months on a busy schedule.

• Like 1

I think what people who complain about the streamers doing the Podcasts with Nikita is that there is no diversity in background.  You have three to four streamers who know the game like the back of their hand and each have an opinion, this way or that, about how the beginning to the end game should be.  It's not a bad thing.  They can tell you what's broke, what they think is awesome, what could be improved with the little time they have to speak with Nikita during the Podcast.  I think one thing that can help the cause is put a couple more neutral individuals who have a different backgrounds.  

When I do watch the streamers, I know that one person isn't going to have the number one answer to fix something.  It takes a team of people to build a great game.  So next time when listening to a streamers opinion, understand that it's just one opinion that aspects can be used with other opinions/ideas to create a better game.  Don't close your ears just because you don't think they should have an opportunity to express themselves.

12 hours ago, Snot_Shot said:

This is exactly what happened and we do not want it to be repeated. Due to just 1 streamer we had this wonderful "aim punch" feature introduced which had to be removed because people stopped playing this game.

I curious who that streamer is.

But I'd like to push you on that idea. A google search brings up multiple instances of people in support of "aim punch". I highly doubt one streamer was the sole reason this mechanic was introduced. We'd also need to confirm if the streamer was promoting an already-existing idea, or it was his/her idea to begin with.

Surely it was something BS was already thinking about? And I'm sure there were lots of people, in addition to the streamer, who supported it. I'm a little hesitant to blame a streamer for anything.

Also, to be fair, and I say this with respect, you say "we". Who is "we"? Do you consider yourself part of the casual population? Or hardcore population? 

I'm new to this mechanic, so these are sincere questions.

Edited by droscoe
PuddleMurda
On 5/31/2019 at 7:12 AM, Tr4wnet said:

What do you mean by "anomaly"? 

In this case I am referring to Veritas and other streamers who spend an ungodly anount of time playing EFT, and how their opinions therefore originate from a perspective vastly different from that of the majority of the player base. Just like an anomaly in any situation where one could occur, like when you boil rice for an example. You go about cooking your rice as you have done hundreds of times before, but this one time it turns into porridge for what seems like no specific reason at all. You will not change your tried and tested method of cooking your rice, as that one unexplainable pot of a sticky mess is not representative of the otherwise consistent result. 

One could claim, and I do, that Veritas' reasoning behind his thoughts on the development strongly derives from an increasingly difficult task of reinventing his content, off of which he makes money.

His lack of creativity is not EFT's problem, nor are BSG in any way obligated to cater to his fortunate, perhaps privileged choice of, career.

If BSG rely that heavily on streamers to advertise their product, they should promote humble and respectful streamers like Smoke, who not only produces much more enjoyable content, but also make do with what he's got, encourages a play style that incorporates every aspect and mechanic available (it's about having fun, remember), and very rarely (if ever) whine like a little b*tch. 

The title on Veritas video alone should tell a lot about his character.

Edited by PuddleMurda
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2
On 6/2/2019 at 1:09 PM, kiethygeorge said:

Something tells me you don't if you're on here baiting responses with low IQ posts, but anyway, 200 raids is easily doable in a couple of months on a busy schedule.

To do 200 raids in a month or two is not a problem, even with a full-time work. But what do it have to do with the level a player is? 

Lets take me, Im not a good player in this game, but I like it anyway. I try to reach high level every patch. This patch it has gone a bit slower up, I guess they reduced the XP for completing quest. My SR is higher then the last patch etc... Ups and downs. I have now done 150 raids +/- and still level 25 (!!). So dont tell me that "after 200 raids all is level 40+" bullsh*t. Its not like that...

But I dont care, I play the game anyway... 

• Upvote 1
psykikk
On 6/2/2019 at 12:36 PM, droscoe said:

Was there something specific that bothered you? It's not like he has a direct line to Battlestate developers. He, or anyone, can voice his opinion freely. Perhaps you're assuming too much of it (him)? Battlestate isn't going to automatically make changes because of a Veritas video, there's no need to worry bud.

yes he has in examples like leg meta that can be agreat / good thing. 

when it comes to "balancing" though this is not so great anymore. 

the game lacks a wide enough player base as it is. 
catering to the hardcore players might be good for them, but essentially giving the guys with the biggest sticks also the biggest badass armor only makes casuals and lowlevels and new players less and less incentive to keep playing.

this game does not need any more baby-seal clubbing. what it needs is a proper endgame content and core gameplay loop that goes beyong gearing up to raid to loot to gear up to raid to... you get the point. 

i think the focs for players tend to shift towards pvp, the more they play. 

low level players and newbies tend to shy away from pvp and try to staxy out of it mostly, while for late game vets its all they are after. 

thats why I think some maps where pvp is the main focus , simply because there is some pvp-style related map-oriented goals (CTF, Domination style factional warfare) but no looting possible would be very benficial for the game. 

make vets do stuff they enjoy more than the other gameplay , which is a means to an end only anyways (loot to gear up to raid again...)  and let them concentrate of all out warfare. 

in a way, labs and factory are already like this, except they also offer the best loot (labs) or force new players and lowlevels into them havig to do tasks (factor)  even though survival rate for lowlevels and newbies on those maps is slim to none, at leats when the server is alive and populated. 

thats not fun, its bad game design in my opinion. 

restarting a stupid questline over and over simply because the task requires you to essentially kill the whole map to be able to stand still and repair a blinking light or lie down and put stuff into a box...... yeah right. 

• Upvote 2
Did117

Mate, Veritas is a macro abuser who get's called out for using macros and then feels the need to make a video """proving""" that he doesn't use macros, while deleting the videos where he is blatantly using a macro.

He is someone who flexes at every chance that he gets.

He is a spoiled brat whose opinion is toxic and one sided.

He doesn't represent anyone's interest but his own at that specific moment.

Just go and watch his stream for a minute, he's always bragging, always flexing, always upset at anyone for disrupting his copacetic scene. It's incredibly easy to get under his skin and have him private message you, he is that immature, he is that desperate for attention.

To be honest this was foreseeable since in the last podcast Nikita dropped this dingleberry's name suggesting that he would somehow contribute to the game by making some music for it.

EFT has been in development for what feels like decades now, century's even, but that's not even a problem if the dev's manage to deliver what the community is seeking. The last thing this game needs is having it's devs catering to some low life low iq attention seeking hustler 's feelings (that he mistakes for rational thoughts).

The real issue isn't even about this invertebrate, it's about how BSG somehow manages to entertain the opinion of people outside it's target demographics to, somehow, cater to the needs of it's target demographics. Paradoxical, right? 

I would bet my left testicle that the core demographics in this game is 25+ years, has a daytime job, is married, has kids and enjoys videogames in the weekends. Where do any of the streamers fit into this description? None!

Maybe Pestily, who has now my respect because of what he said in the last podcast, where one of the other streamers was complaining how it was more frustrating to deal with bugs and glitches has a streamer than a normal player would, because streamers spend their entire waking life in front of a computer screen getting chewed a spat by said bugs and glitches, Pestily then corrected him and explained that for the average game consumer, you know the 99% of the user base, who has an hour or two hours tops to play the game, a bug might mean that he lost the only time he had to play the game. That's incredibly frustrating when you add real life to the equation, the job, the kids, the wife, the life...

EFT is supposed to be a game! Realistic? Awesome! But not a life style! Not a 24/7 all encompassing all demanding life consuming ordeal of game.

Streamers needs and thoughts do not represent anything other than their very specific interest of remaining relevant.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
PuddleMurda

@Did117

To be honest, I haven't watched the rest of Veritas hour long rant, so I do not even know what agenda he was pushing, but I could tell from the first 2 minutes of the video it was all for personal benefit. Not in the best interest of the game. 

I am a hardcore realism advocate myself, but I'd rather see a more accurate representation of the actual player base's opinions brought forward to the developers than that guys' cry baby self-entitlement. Unfortunately it seems like a very small group of streamers have more influence than thousands upon thousands of topics and posts in the official forum. 

This post is a product of a life long frustration I have had with people pushing self-serving agendas of all kinds, and the mouth-breathing following these loudmouths always attract. 

• Like 2
Did117
30 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

so I do not even know what agenda he was pushing

It's very easy to see what's his agenda, he needs to become more and more relevant to garner more and viewers and subscribers and in turn make more money and feed his mentally ill ego.

That's it, he is merely pandering to his own needs disregarding completely the wishes and needs of the gaming community that makes this game what it is, an awesome game with a bright future ahead of it.

His mindset is that he is the community and it's representative, he believes that he, and others like him, build and strengthen the community by being in turn strongly opinionated and having a lot of viewers and subscribers.

It's nothing but a delusion of grandeur fueled by attention seeking and virtue signaling. It's a mental health issue in this particular case.

35 minutes ago, PuddleMurda said:

Unfortunately it seems like a very small group of streamers have more influence than thousands upon thousands of topics and posts in the official forum.

I just hope that that might change, but to be honest I don't see it happening.

The devs still pander to streamers like they always have, the community managers still suppress any dissenters like they always have, reddit still has more pull when it comes to discussion and news like it always has had and this forum is nothing short of a gulag of suppressed ideas and dissenting opinions.

I tell what, I have never witnessed any game becoming more popular and successful by pandering to man babies that spend every waking moment in front of a screen filming themselves than actually engaging and communicating with said gaming community, streamer success is always secondary to a happy, fulfilled gaming community, always.

Only thing left to do is wait and hope for the best.

kiethygeorge

It's a little ironic the people claiming to "have a life", are spewing the most hate at people for having an opinion over a video game, while not actually bringing up anything worth discussing, incredible lol. Just relax a bit ay and put things in perspective, like it or not the streamers are doing more for promoting this game than any of us, and they're livelihood depends on it being successful.

• Sad 1
Did117
8 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

It's a little ironic the people claiming to "have a life", are spewing the most hate at people for having an opinion over a video game, while not actually bringing up anything worth discussing, incredible lol. Just relax a bit ay and put things in perspective, like it or not the streamers are doing more for promoting this game than any of us, and they're livelihood depends on it being successful.

Aw yissss.

You were missed and dearly so, we always need an iron man and his t h i q q ironclad irony.

Nothing quite like appealing to a discussion by urging people to be silent and lower themselves to the status of those they criticize.

And to top it all of, project his own flaws, when he claims no one is adding anything to the discussion, when he himself adds nothing but vitriol and inuendo to the discussion.

18 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

and they're livelihood depends on it being successful.

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's a lie, an out right blatant lie, streamers need to create content, they can do so with or without successful games.

Your NPC marker is showing...

sims.png

kiethygeorge
3 minutes ago, Did117 said:

when he himself adds nothing but vitriol and inuendo to the discussion.

hey I tried to turn a pathetic whinge thread into something constructive, maybe read the first page. Grats on the edgiest post of the thread though, really showing your demographic.

Did117
13 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

hey I tried to turn a pathetic whinge thread into something constructive, maybe read the first page. Grats on the edgiest post of the thread though, really showing your demographic.

Aaaaaaand more vitriol and innuendo.

Try something else next time mate. 

Kudos

xD.jpg

kiethygeorge
2 minutes ago, Did117 said:

Aaaaaaand more vitriol and innuendo.

This is hilarious after the dribble you were posting earlier, sure do have a lot of time for posting rubbish for someone with such a busy schedule. Maybe invest some time into some anger management counselling, no doubt you wife and kids would appreciate it.

PuddleMurda
1 hour ago, kiethygeorge said:

I hear you, and to some extent I agree with what you are saying. However, I do believe it's necessary to call things out for what they are. This world is sugar coated enough as it is, and in this sugar coated surreal world we live in questionable behavior is often protected behind some pseudo intellectual - influential nonsense that is validated by a horde of unconsciously agreeable followers. 

I'd be spitting rhymes in the political realm, if it had not been the absolute sh!t show it currently is (I'd probably have an aneurysm within minutes). A gaming forum, just like a football- or chess forum is a place for wrestling with other people's minds, and sometimes it gets a little rough. 

I admit I can be a little too harsh in my choice of words, and I try to contain myself, but I am a bit of a crazy person.

Edit; Guys, @kiethygeorge and @Did117, can we try to end this feud before mods close the thread? There are still some elaborate discussions going on, and it'd be a shame to see them all come to an end due to a personal quarrel.

Edited by PuddleMurda
Did117
25 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

This is hilarious after the dribble you were posting earlier, sure do have a lot of time for posting rubbish for someone with such a busy schedule. Maybe invest some time into some anger management counselling, no doubt you wife and kids would appreciate it.

Aaaaaand keep attacking the character of someone who you never met and completely dismissing the argument.

30 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

This is hilarious after the dribble you were posting earlier

So you lied when you posted this?

53 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

hey I tried to turn a pathetic whinge thread into something constructive, maybe read the first page.

At least be a bit more coherent with what you are pretending to stand up for.

HV45UGB.png

Snot_Shot
5 hours ago, Did117 said:

Mate, Veritas is a macro abuser who get's called out for using macros and then feels the need to make a video """proving""" that he doesn't use macros, while deleting the videos where he is blatantly using a macro.

He is someone who flexes at every chance that he gets.

He is a spoiled brat whose opinion is toxic and one sided.

He doesn't represent anyone's interest but his own at that specific moment.

Just go and watch his stream for a minute, he's always bragging, always flexing, always upset at anyone for disrupting his copacetic scene. It's incredibly easy to get under his skin and have him private message you, he is that immature, he is that desperate for attention.

To be honest this was foreseeable since in the last podcast Nikita dropped this dingleberry's name suggesting that he would somehow contribute to the game by making some music for it.

Streamers needs and thoughts do not represent anything other than their very specific interest of remaining relevant.

Perfect summary, could not put better than this.

kiethygeorge
3 minutes ago, Did117 said:

Aaaaaand keep attacking the character of someone who you never met and completely dismissing the argument.

Much like you're own post's earlier? What's your argument though? Should BSG really place more value in the opinions of people that play a couple of hours a week and have yet to fully experience end game, over someone with 100's of hours invested? The statement that BSG pander to every streamers wishes is highly questionable and based on your own personal dislike of 1 streamer.

Tr4wnet
7 hours ago, PuddleMurda said:

In this case I am referring to Veritas and other streamers who spend an ungodly anount of time playing EFT, and how their opinions therefore originate from a perspective vastly different from that of the majority of the player base. Just like an anomaly in any situation where one could occur, like when you boil rice for an example. You go about cooking your rice as you have done hundreds of times before, but this one time it turns into porridge for what seems like no specific reason at all. You will not change your tried and tested method of cooking your rice, as that one unexplainable pot of a sticky mess is not representative of the otherwise consistent result. 

One could claim, and I do, that Veritas' reasoning behind his thoughts on the development strongly derives from an increasingly difficult task of reinventing his content, off of which he makes money.

His lack of creativity is not EFT's problem, nor are BSG in any way obligated to cater to his fortunate, perhaps privileged choice of, career.

If BSG rely that heavily on streamers to advertise their product, they should promote humble and respectful streamers like Smoke, who not only produces much more enjoyable content, but also make do with what he's got, encourages a play style that incorporates every aspect and mechanic available (it's about having fun, remember), and very rarely (if ever) whine like a little b*tch. 

The title on Veritas video alone should tell a lot about his character.

Well you hate Veritas but like Smoke. Thats your opinion and you are welcomed to it, I thought you have problems towards streamers and how BSG handles them in-general but alas I was wrong.

I for one have no problem with how certain devs treat streamers. Obviously from a dev point of view streamers generate the sells of game copies therefore more money. So it makes sense to cater to them, however as i think you agreed aswell: Their opinions shouldn't really be regarded more highly than normal players.

There is that thing ofc that they do that for a living and they play games all-day so maybe in some cases they have a better understanding about certain topics and the weight of what they are saying are heavier than lets say someone whos played the game for 10hours.

But there are a lot of players who could give better suggestions, and ideas however they voice wont really be heard because they are (in dev's eyes) normal ppl. While streamers benefit from popularity their voices are heard better by devs (especially if he/she plays their game) simply because they attract attention. For example: Nikita obviously wont log-in on the forum and see a random guys suggestion and consider it, but if Klean or lets say in your case Veritas says an idea on a podcast or when Nikita is in their chat, he might go "thats a good idea" or whatever and could potentially change something in the game that then will be judged by the playerbase (for worse or better ofc).

I for one dont really see a problem with that as long as the community is involved. If a thing like that happens the community should be asked if that particular change is allright / not allright. Or you can simply say thats a bad thing and the devs should either involve the whole community in a question/suggestion or noone. <-- That is a fair point aswell.

Would you agree with that? I'm curious.

• Upvote 1
Did117

Finally, after so many posts the NPC actually addresses the matter at hand.

Let's do it by parts shall we?

31 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

Much like you're own post's earlier?

Substantiate your claim and stop projecting your own flaws.

And trying to frame me for a supposed mistake on my argument doesn't make you imune to your obvious incoherence, if anything you just admitted that you are in fact incoherent because you see others being incoherent. 

What's your argument though?

It helps if you actually read what is posted for everyone to see.

Should BSG really place more value in the opinions of people that play a couple of hours a week and have yet to fully experience end game, over someone with 100's of hours invested?

Strawman of strawmans. I have put thousands of hours into this game, didn't make a cent out of it and recommended this game to every gamer, airsoft player and military/law enforcement friend I know irl, the real question is: who should BSG listen to? The one's who profit from the game and it's community or those that actually invest in the game and want to play? The answer is quite obvious.

The statement that BSG pander to every streamers wishes is highly questionable and based on your own personal dislike of 1 streamer.

You must be new here to utter such an out right lie encased in yet another straw man. BSG does panders to all streamers with a certain amount of subscribers and viewers, they even give them special servers to play in, they used to give them a special account with egregious amounts of starter loot and space until some of them started trafficking them on black market websites! 

My personal experience is just that, my personal experience, I merely  shared it, I didn't impose it, I also shared another experience that countered this one, Veritas is a cancerous attention hustler and Pestily is cool down to earth guy that actually cares and positively contributes to experience of the community.

xDD.png