These streamers... sigh

PuddleMurda

9 minutes ago, Did117 said:

Substantiate your claim

Fairly safe to assume you've never met Veritas, yet you had no problem cancering up the forums with your own personal attacks on him

11 minutes ago, Did117 said:

It helps if you actually read what is posted for everyone to see.

46 minutes ago, kiethygeorge said:

My bad, wasn't easy to get past the first paragraph of frothing anger and negativity.

13 minutes ago, Did117 said:

The one's who profit from the game and it's community or those that actually invest in the game and want to play? The answer is quite obvious.

yeah it's quite obvious, everyone one of us that play the game deserves an opinion.

15 minutes ago, Did117 said:

Veritas is a cancerous attention hustler and Pestily is cool down to earth guy that actually cares and positively contributes to experience of the community.

You might be suprised to learn they are on the same stream team and share a lot of the same opinions and goals.

1 hour ago, Did117 said:

they even give them special servers to play in,

This is false. There are no 'Streamer Servers'. There is also no 'Streamer loot' or any sort of special in-game feature just for streamers. If you are going to make such a claim, please do substantiate it like you asked of another earlier in this thread.

Now, if both you and @kiethygeorge could settle down and argue without being derogatory towards each other we could avoid both of you getting warnings for your behavior. From where i'm standing both of you are guilty of provoking one another so please tone it down to a more mature level.

Thank you.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tr4wnet said:

Well you hate Veritas but like Smoke. Thats your opinion and you are welcomed to it, I thought you have problems towards streamers and how BSG handles them in-general but alas I was wrong.

I for one have no problem with how certain devs treat streamers. Obviously from a dev point of view streamers generate the sells of game copies therefore more money. So it makes sense to cater to them, however as i think you agreed aswell: Their opinions shouldn't really be regarded more highly than normal players.

There is that thing ofc that they do that for a living and they play games all-day so maybe in some cases they have a better understanding about certain topics and the weight of what they are saying are heavier than lets say someone whos played the game for 10hours.

But there are a lot of players who could give better suggestions, and ideas however they voice wont really be heard because they are (in dev's eyes) normal ppl. While streamers benefit from popularity their voices are heard better by devs (especially if he/she plays their game) simply because they attract attention. For example: Nikita obviously wont log-in on the forum and see a random guys suggestion and consider it, but if Klean or lets say in your case Veritas says an idea on a podcast or when Nikita is in their chat, he might go "thats a good idea" or whatever and could potentially change something in the game that then will be judged by the playerbase (for worse or better ofc).

I for one dont really see a problem with that as long as the community is involved. If a thing like that happens the community should be asked if that particular change is allright / not allright. Or you can simply say thats a bad thing and the devs should either involve the whole community in a question/suggestion or noone. <-- That is a fair point aswell.

Would you agree with that? I'm curious.

I don't hate Veritas, even if one could easily assume just that.

This morning I was on a 6 am two-stop flight back home, after 18 hours of cancelled flights, waiting for assistance in the terminal and at the luggage service, and a sleepless hotel night. Once on the flight I was trying to catch up on some well needed sleep, as I would more or less go from the airport straight to work for a long evening shift (where I am right now). Behind me I had a kid kicking my seat repeatedly the entire flight, interrupting me every time I was about to ride the cosmic highway to the land of dreams. Three times I asked his mother to take control of the situation, which she didn't. It was not the time and place, but I felt like lecturing her aggressively in everything from common sense, decency, and how to raise her child.

I kind of feel the same way about Veritas. It doesn't mean I hate him, and wouldn't want him to think so, even though he couldn't care less about my existence. 

I do like Smoke, yes. He's like the friendly neighborhood PMC, making Tarkov great again little by little. But I wouldn't want him to have more influence than e.g. any of the respected veterans in this forum. 

I don't know much about Reddit. I am never on that site. But I have a feeling that's where the streamer fan boys hang out, unconsciously regurgitating their favorite streamer's opinions.

The official forum, where pretty much everybody are paying- and playing backers of this project, should be the first place to look for inspiration and feedback. Not one or a few particular individuals who happens to be subject to obvious bias, as this game literally provide their current source of income. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ShiroTenshi said:

From where i'm standing both of you are guilty of provoking one another so please tone it down to a more mature level.

Sure, I don't mind being called out, but when someone tries to ridicule or attack me for an opinion I'll be firing back.

1 hour ago, PuddleMurda said:

I don't hate Veritas, even if one could easily assume just that.

This morning I was on a 6 am two-stop flight back home, after 18 hours of cancelled flights, waiting for assistance in the terminal and at the luggage service, and a sleepless hotel night. Once on the flight I was trying to catch up on some well needed sleep, as I would more or less go from the airport straight to work for a long evening shift (where I am right now). Behind me I had a kid kicking my seat repeatedly the entire flight, interrupting me every time I was about to ride the cosmic highway to the land of dreams. Three times I asked his mother to take control of the situation, which she didn't. It was not the time and place, but I felt like lecturing her aggressively in everything from common sense, decency, and how to raise her child.

I kind of feel the same way about Veritas. It doesn't mean I hate him, and wouldn't want him to think so, even though he couldn't care less about my existence. 

I do like Smoke, yes. He's like the friendly neighborhood PMC, making Tarkov great again little by little. But I wouldn't want him to have more influence than e.g. any of the respected veterans in this forum. 

I don't know much about Reddit. I am never on that site. But I have a feeling that's where the streamer fan boys hang out, unconsciously regurgitating their favorite streamer's opinions.

The official forum, where pretty much everybody are paying- and playing backers of this project, should be the first place to look for inspiration and feedback. Not one or a few particular individuals who happens to be subject to obvious bias, as this game literally provide their current source of income. 

Fair enough.

I'm going to move this to off topic. The topic of this forum is testing. Don't rant, which is essentially what's going on. We do NOT cater to streamers despite what you may assume. No loot, no speciale servers, nothing. 

Streamers will have to understand that this is not a completed game, and the progress is based on the long form of release. We can't make special concessions to make it more valuable time wise. Tarkov is not your typical game. It never has been, and never will be.

Treat each other with respect and follow forum rules. Do not force me to lock this thread.

Good Day!

15 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

This is false. There are no 'Streamer Servers'. There is also no 'Streamer loot' or any sort of special in-game feature just for streamers. If you are going to make such a claim, please do substantiate it like you asked of another earlier in this thread.

LOL, you guys ask streamers for their IP's so that, after a wipe or a bogus patch launch, so you can hide the fact that it's always disastrous. Proof? Just check Kotton's or Pestily's stream immediately after a patch, they have talked about that shady tactic multiple times, so don't be koy and say that there's no "streamer servers" because that would be silly to even consider, this being instance based multiplayer online game, what you have is preferencial treatment of streamers and includes asking them their IP's so you can choose the best and most stable servers for them to stream and thus keep the illusion that the 95% of the player base that has game breaking issues is just a mirage in the streamer desert.

About the "streamer loot", I was talking about the press accounts that you gave to every streamer, you know the one's with extra space and extra items, right? Or that too must be substantiated? But it's funny that you would use those specific words.

13 hours ago, TheColdVein said:

We do NOT cater to streamers despite what you may assume. No loot, no speciale servers, nothing. 

Then what is it that's actually displayed in this picture?

No preferential treatment? No streamer loot? Oh and yeah of course there are no streamer servers, you just ask them their IP's so you can give them the best experience ever when playing the game so they can effectively recruit new players through their sanitized stream, right?

8kd6shj6j3x11.png

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Did117:

Then what is it that's actually displayed in this picture?

What have streamer items to do with "catering" towards streamers? It´s not like only they can have it. Just a few "trash" items more to make money from for every one

Press Kits are long gone, as far as I remember. Those were also not specifically made for streamers.

Well, as it stand now, I do not even care that streamers get special treatment (as we get wiped regularly anyway), if you could back up your theories (servers and such). But when the game finally launches officially one day, I dare BSG to give them even a pack of nails ...

Edited by PardTheTroll

Nothing wrong with accepting the difference between a normal player and a streamer from a dev point of view.

Even tho BSG doesnt do nearly as much "catering" towards streamers as other game development companies, if they would it would be accaptable for me.

Just think about it from BSGs point of view (or any other dev), streamers generate more sells therefore money.

It makes sense from a marketing viewpoint. 

3 hours ago, Did117 said:

No preferential treatment? No streamer loot? Oh and yeah of course there are no streamer servers, you just ask them their IP's so you can give them the best experience ever when playing the game so they can effectively recruit new players through their sanitized stream, right?

Again, let me restate this:

There are no streamer servers, we don't ask for their IPs so we can send them to specific servers, we don't improve loot on the servers they play in (What is commonly referred to as 'Streamer Loot'), we don't give them ANY sort of INGAME advantage of any kind.

Here's what we do: We add items to the game inspired by said streamers, because we appreciate them. I mean why wouldn't we when they do an awesome job promoting the game? This, however, does not give them an advantage in the game. It doesn't mean they get special treatment ingame. Certainly doesn't mean they don't play the same game or on the same servers as the rest of the community. And to look at any large streamer, see them kill totally random unknown players that are not other streamers (proving they are matching against other regular players) , and still make a claim that they use special servers is honestly not the smartest thing. 

They did get Press accounts, but those were removed a while ago. And streamers weren't the only ones to get it. They weren't streamer specific accounts and even when they were given to a streamer or other content creator they went through a strict selection process. But this doesn't matter, these accounts no longer exist.

All you have said so far is opinion and make belief. Nothing more. And when asked to substantiate your claims you actually believe that just because you say so it makes it true. Your stance is based purely on your bias towards streamers and not on facts.

So again, care to provide some actual proof of your claims? Anything more substantial then hearsay? Anything we can all see and check ourselves?

Of course there isn't. 

Yea it's hard to say that they don't influence the game directly when they moan about progression being "too fast" and suddenly quest system becomes even worse next update with artificial padding to already boring quests ( "quests" that would barely qualify as tasks in a standard RPG. If this game stood up alone on its story, quests, and AI combat it'd be dead already). The whole risk vs reward thing is only a real problem because this game lacks an endgame. Wanting this game to also be realistic and fair at the same time just doesn't work. Real life isn't fair. Some people will put a minimal effort and come out with more than someone who spent an entire life time of hard work. IMO realism should apply to gear, weapons, and movement. Other than that you just can't simulate it without someone stand behind you with a paint ball gun and shooting you in the butt every time you get shot in game or something. IRL you die and there's no respawning (At least I think). So you're never going to have a purely realistic video game. As of right now I'm not a fan of off-raid healing or the mobile game like multiple characters with timers. If you really want people to not run hatchet then nerf secured containers. But then BSG shot themselves in the foot there too because that's one of the primary ways they sell higher prices versions of the game. The gamma is a big crutch for making money and I think it breaks the central part of this game which is needing to extract. 

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Jared_Last:

If you really want people to not run hatchet then nerf secured containers. But then BSG shot themselves in the foot there too because that's one of the primary ways they sell higher prices versions of the game. The gamma is a big crutch for making money and I think it breaks the central part of this game which is needing to extract.

Not sure if me and my friends are the only one, but we would not care, if the secure containers would be completely removed from the game. Would stop hetchlings and other unbalance-able issues. That of course only, if the current loot system stays, which will not, as confirmed by the devs.

Edited by PardTheTroll

3 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Not sure if me and my friends are the only one, but we would not care, if the secure containers would be completely removed from the game. Would stop hetchlings and other unbalance-able issues. That of course only, if the current loot system stays, which will not, as confirmed by the devs.

I'd like Secured containers to only contain what you bring in raid with you. Key bar, Mag case, Meds etc. No pocket mosin, no treasure items or labs key cards, or anything else. I'd like to see hatchet runs then when you need to extract for that ledx or rolex. I mentioned this on reddit and youtube as the main problem for risk vs reward and hatchet running and I got downvoted into oblivion. 

• Upvote 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Jared_Last:

I'd like Secured containers to only contain what you bring in raid with you.

Good point! That is also a very good solution. Has also been suggested by many. One point I do not agree with at all, though. Putting containers like mag case into the secure container. Basically, increasing the size of the said container artificially.

Edited by PardTheTroll

On 6/3/2019 at 6:28 AM, Did117 said:

Mate, Veritas is a macro abuser who get's called out for using macros and then feels the need to make a video """proving""" that he doesn't use macros, while deleting the videos where he is blatantly using a macro.

He is someone who flexes at every chance that he gets.

He is a spoiled brat whose opinion is toxic and one sided.

He doesn't represent anyone's interest but his own at that specific moment.

Just go and watch his stream for a minute, he's always bragging, always flexing, always upset at anyone for disrupting his copacetic scene. It's incredibly easy to get under his skin and have him private message you, he is that immature, he is that desperate for attention.

To be honest this was foreseeable since in the last podcast Nikita dropped this dingleberry's name suggesting that he would somehow contribute to the game by making some music for it.

EFT has been in development for what feels like decades now, century's even, but that's not even a problem if the dev's manage to deliver what the community is seeking. The last thing this game needs is having it's devs catering to some low life low iq attention seeking hustler 's feelings (that he mistakes for rational thoughts).

AMEN. I cant stand the dweeb.

That was a long read... I'm a relative new comer. I didn't start using much beyond stock guns and adding something basic until recently. 

Not particular relevant but I was just out with a scoped Mosin on shoreline just hoping to kill some time and some scavs. Ended up having a fully kitted player come at me. he put two 7.62x39 rounds towards me but missed. I put a 7.62x54R into his face and I'm still smiling about it. Once i was content he was alone I tossed my gun in a bush and looted him. 

As long as new or casual players have a fighting chance and can buy gear/armour piercing rounds in the market or make a profit, the game will be fine. Any players believing they should win because they have better gear don't know how hardcore shooting games work. Armour is not cost effective but it does "help" keep you alive. 

I don't play this game to loot, sim, play lego with gun parts, or follow some half baked story for NPC. I'm here to kill people and as long as the game keeps it's harder core elements and doesn't try to go from game to a sim, i'll be happy. 

At the end of the day there are always a few who will complain bitterly. As long as the dev's don't give them too much of a voice, we're fine. I think it's more or less fair with the armour now. It's good enough to give a significant edge, but it's still worth going after kitted players because the chance of a payday is huge (for a poor player). 

hehe.png

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

All you have said so far is opinion and make belief.

The same opinion and make belief behind the claim that this game would be a full release by late 2016?

Or the same opinion and make belief behind the non existent 2017 open beta?

I watched it LIVE, both Kotton and Pestily, both of them mentioning that BSG wanted their IP's has to provide them with a special super stable connection to servers to play in, not special servers but special connection, since everybody at the time of the patch launch couldn't play the game given the bugs that it carried. I don't need to prove anything, I already payed money for this game, the onus of proof is on your side to deliver what was promised in a timely fashion, not to waste time and alienate the community by catering to streamer's needs and feelings, the fact that you already have ingame items that are:

20 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

inspired by said streamers

is down right insulting, the game isn't finished yet and you're asking for full price as token of support, it isn't even halfway there and you're already doing this? What more do the buyers/supporters of this game have to do to inspire the devs to actually deliver on what they promised?

21 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Anything we can all see and check ourselves?

Check what? Check why everybody stops playing the game a few days after a new patch drops? Check to see if the game is going to be released in 2019? 2020? 2021? Check to see what the community actually thinks about the removal of aimpunch because of streamer's tantrums? Check to see why was everybody complaining about leg meta and why it had to be a low life low iq streamer with an half assed theory the one that actually made a difference? Check what? No seriously, you expect me to believe that after all these years BSG is going to start checking things?

Wow

• Sad 2

I just watched the beginning of that guy's video, what he says between 6:20 and 7:10 (his problem statement) is actually very good design: Even if you're king of the hill you are still not safe, where on the other hand it's easier for lower level players without a ton of gear to be able to compete.

Good design converges somewhere in the middle, to push low players up and keep the good ones on their toes.

What needs to be avoided it to push low players down and good players up, because what lies in these directions is only a hard limit that often results in people leaving the game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Did117 said:

The same opinion and make belief behind the claim that this game would be a full release by late 2016?

Or the same opinion and make belief behind the non existent 2017 open beta?

Estimations are not promises. They failed those estimations, they admitted to it and apologized. What does that even have to do with the issue at hand about streamers? Do they control the release date? Did the game get delayed because they asked for it? Wait, let me get a tinfoil hat for this one because it sounds like a conspiracy! Or just a Red Herring. ;)

I watched it LIVE, both Kotton and Pestily, both of them mentioning that BSG wanted their IP's has to provide them with a special super stable connection to servers to play in, not special servers but special connection, since everybody at the time of the patch launch couldn't play the game given the bugs that it carried.

Then you need to provide proof of that. Saying 'I saw it!' isn't proof or substantial in any way. Take some of your own advice and substantiate your claims. That is all we asked you to do. 

But alright, let's assume for a moment they they did do it. How does having done this one time due to a faulty patch lead to the claim that "They even give them special servers to play in"? (you said this, not me).

See, what you are doing is making assumptions based on false or incomplete data to better fit your position.

I don't need to prove anything,

Actually you do. The moment you make an accusation that shines a negative light on a person or group of people, the burden of proof is on you. This is how the real world works.

As such i am going to make it real easy on you. You can either provide proof of your claims or i will consider such claims breaking rules 7.1 and 7.3 and act appropriately.

You need to realize that fact and fiction are 2 different things, and unless you can prove something to be true than it can't be taken as a fact.  If you can provide said proof, i will admit i was wrong and apologize. If you can't or won't then it just goes to show that you really are making stuff up.

the game isn't finished yet and you're asking for full price as token of support, it isn't even halfway there and you're already doing this? What more do the buyers/supporters of this game have to do to inspire the devs to actually deliver on what they promised?

This implies they aren't inspired or doing whatever they can to deliver the finished product we pre-ordered. Again, trying to pass off an opinion as fact as well as deviating from the issue at hand (another Red Herring). How does this relate to the claim that BSG gives streamers benefits by giving them special servers?

Anyway, continuing this discussion is pointless. i will not continue to engage in it a debate where the other side can't or won't substantiate or even provide proof of their claims.

At the end of the day, the OFFICIAL statement is this:

There are no streamer servers, we don't ask for their IPs so we can send them to specific servers, we don't improve loot on the servers they play in (What is commonly referred to as 'Streamer Loot'), we don't give them ANY sort of INGAME advantage of any kind.

I wish you a good day.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Estimations are not promises.

Absolutely, you can only break a promise once, the estimation though, almost 3 years and counting.

Do they control the release date?

They control ingame content and gameplay features, so yeah, since both of these ultimately do have an effect on release date, they do.

Then you need to provide proof of that. Saying 'I saw it!' isn't proof or substantial in any way. Take some of your own advice and substantiate your claims. That is all we asked you to do. 

I don't need to do anything mate, I don't work for you, I'm not sponsored nor looking for a hand out, I'm merely sharing both my experience and my opinion, can't deal with? Certainly not my problem, since I'm not the first nor the last to have such experiences and such opinions.

How does having done this one time due to a faulty patch lead to the claim that "They even give them special servers to play in"?

Ohhhh so now we finally get to the core of the issue at hand, finally, so why would BSG give it's main marketeers, ie streamers with their audiences, the tools to fool and actively deceive the unaware potential buyer? Do you think it has something to do with the predatory behavior of not accepting refunds? Or maybe the NDA imposed on the past to said streamers? Hmmmmm

Why oh why? 

Because BSG wants more and more people to buy the game and never have to deliver on it's promises or estimations or whatever you feel like calling whatever this project actually does.

3 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Actually you do.

No mate, I really don't I just have to keep voicing my opinion and sharing my experience, I don't record live streams for obvious reasons and to be honest at the time I didn't even think much of it, weird sure, bu not blatantly deceiving has I do now.

3 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

Anyway, continuing this discussion is pointless.

Of course it is, you demand me to substantiate my claims while holding my hard earned money in hand and claiming that you have the best intentions in mind, while catering to people who will ultimately deliver you even more cash from people like me. I really wonder if this """discussion""" would ever take place in a world where promises and estimations made by BSG would actually come to fruition.

Kudos

You dont back an early release game unless you love the concept and have some faith in the developers vision, sounds like you shoulda waited for open beta. I've got my $150 worth already and I think I've played 2-3 wipes so far.

• Sad 1

If BSG are actually giving streamers better servers than the rest of us when their game/patch is a pile of poo though that is some sketchy underhanded bullshit, would love to hear more about that.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, PardTheTroll said:

Never heard of "streamer privilege"? 

So what servers are these streamers getting on? Are there also non-streamers who populate these servers unknowingly or what? Genuinely curious