AK-74N?

I like to know why they chose this weapon and not go with the basic AK-74 or AKS-74?

And I I read somewhere if you get all pieces for the AK-74M you can modify your AK-74N into AK-74M but will we see the weapon name change from AK-74N into AK-74M or It will remain the same?

And for those who do not know what I'm saying ther is several variants of the classic AK-74. Most known variants of these weapons are: 

*AKS-74; is a variant of the AK-74 equipped with a side-folding metal shoulder stock

*AK-74M;  modernized variant of the AK-74

*AK-74N, AKS-74N; all this can be used in conjunction with NSPU and NSPU-3 scopes ( it is a night vision scope)

*AK-100 series

ty for your reply

regard MBS

I'm not a dev, but here's what I'm given to understand:

When the AK-74M was introduced the side rail became universal to all AK rifles in service, but before them only certain rifles had the side rail for scope mounts. The AKS-74N or AK-74N is just the earlier model of AK-74 with a side rail to allow the mounting of optical sights, in particular the night sight. I guess the devs wanted to make the common rifle optics-ready.

EDIT: I found a site with good info on the AK-74N and here's a pic from it:

T2leftrec.jpg

Edited by Sushi
12 hours ago, [email protected] said:

will we see the weapon name change from AK-74N into AK-74M or It will remain the same?

Interesting question and really tough to decide for either variant.

I guess its simpler to keep the name of the main part ie lower receiver.

9 hours ago, shifty said:

Interesting question and really tough to decide for either variant.

I guess its simpler to keep the name of the main part ie lower receiver.

Nice profile pic man :D LF2

• 1 year later...
5 minutes ago, MasterChef said:

Any clue how to equip an mpr45 side mount to an ak-74N? I have been trying to figure out what attachment I need but I canr't quite figure it out

45 degree mounts go on the front end, so for the 74N you'd need the Zenit B10M front, or the CAA AK front.

• Upvote 1
MasterChef
10 minutes ago, FGulli said:

45 degree mounts go on the front end, so for the 74N you'd need the Zenit B10M front, or the CAA AK front.

Thank you very much!