Jump to content
NebulaPlayz

The problem with Labs

Recommended Posts

NebulaPlayz

Runs on labs are getting pretty unenjoyable and difficult, and the new way the Lab works shut it off for most people.

In order to scrape by in Lab, you first need a keycard, which already costs 115k roubles, assuming you buy it from level 2 therapist. But that only recharges after every few hours, so you're most likely going to go to the flea market to buy it for around 150k+. Then, you need a gun, preferably one that is a high-end gun that will be able to kill similar high-level people. Probably another 75-100k if you're modding it out, plus ammo. Armor is next, and if you bring anything lower than class 4 you're basically screwed, so pay up another 40k. Don't want to get one tapped? Buy a helmet. But if you buy anything lower than class 3 you're dead, so you're probably going to spend at least 30k+ on a Kiver or something. Comtacs maybe depending on the helmet, around 10-20k. Backpack and rig cost around 20k in total if you bring a decent rig, but this cost can go up to 50k+. 

Deploy, and die instantly by a guy with an HK 416 who hip fires you with 4 laser designators. There goes about 320k. The rich people with Altyn face shields build up their already immense amount of money from your gear. 

I understand that Lab is meant for high-level people and geared people, but even some good quality gear gets shredded instantly. People who have gear just farm more gear there and the rich get richer.

RIP my lab attempts :(

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sleava

Let me get this straight.... you think a loadout that costs 390K is a lot? Do I need to remind you that some single items on labs sell for over a mil?

Labs are high risk, high reward. You want a more laid back, lower risk game, go to woods. Thats what I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NebulaPlayz
31 minutes ago, sleava said:

Let me get this straight.... you think a loadout that costs 390K is a lot? Do I need to remind you that some single items on labs sell for over a mil?

Labs are high risk, high reward. You want a more laid back, lower risk game, go to woods. Thats what I do.


Also very true. I agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
droscoe
Posted (edited)

@NebulaPlayz

It is actually more economically optimal to do low-tier kit runs on Labs, instead of high-end gear. Some people take this all the way and do hatchling runs. 

You do not need a high-end gun. You need high-end ammunition. A cheap $345 MP5 with AP round is suitable for the engagement ranges on Labs. It is the ammunition that kills. Someone with a high-ergo build, and low recoil, just doesn't matter when you also have AP rounds and you're 10 feet away.

Buy a cheap kit, with appropriate AP ammo, and you'll minimize investment costs and losses, while investment gains remain high.

Edited by droscoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smoke417

if you restrict what you can bring into the lab then u will see a lot less hacker or high lvl player ,especially hacker , no more thicc case item case or weapon case allow into lab , since hacker know they will kill you and loot the whole things so they will always bring in all kind case for the loot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
NebulaPlayz
30 minutes ago, droscoe said:

@NebulaPlayz

It is actually more economically optimal to do low-tier kit runs on Labs, instead of high-end gear. Some people take this all the way and do hatchling runs. 

You do not need a high-end gun. You need high-end ammunition. A cheap $345 MP5 with AP round is suitable for the engagement ranges on Labs. It is the ammunition that kills. Someone with a high-ergo build, and low recoil, just doesn't matter when you also have AP rounds and you're 10 feet away.

Buy a cheap kit, with appropriate AP ammo, and you'll minimize investment costs and losses, while investment gains remain high.


Yes, I do take advantage of that. I usually bring a Vepr Hunter with M61 rounds and I can easily tear through helmets. The problem I have is if they see me they instantly lock on and shred me. Armor is probably the most expensive for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Marcelo_1979
10 hours ago, NebulaPlayz said:

The problem I have is if they see me they instantly lock on and shred me. Armor is probably the most expensive for this.

If they lock onto you, don´t repeak the same angle/corner, instead try to manouver around in order to surprise and flank the raiders. Also, never try to gun them down while you have no cover because they´ll kill you easily if you do so. Making sure you have hard cover before engaging them is  a must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AdhesiveTeflon

People still go in with TTs and [somehow] survive just fine.  I don't know how they're so good with a pistol but damn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vodor

This setup now is just testing out how it works for real release time. 

When it was open it was all out combat, level design, flow of it.

Now it’s... Can people afford it, do they want to.

Next patch could change it all around again.

Give your feedback to the right channels and help shape the game!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2